Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Friday, September 08, 2006

Fyodor's College Football Picks of the Week.

1) The guys who set the lines are professionals. Their job is to make each game look as attractive as possible to everyone. That way they even out the amount of money bet on each side.
Instant translation: The house wins no matter who wins. That's why people get into the gambling business.

2) I am just a fan. I won't even keep track of these picks week to week if it gets too embarrassing.

3) There is no such thing as "inside information". Especially in the pros.

4) If those idiot touts on tv and in the paper were any good, they wouldn't go public with their genius. They'd sit at Harrah's sports book from open to close and then go out and buy $2,000 an hour hookers who dress like high school girls.

5) Gambling is stupid. You cannot win.

That being said, here are my college picks for this week.



Friday 9/8


Pittsburgh (-8) at Cincinnati
I am feeling a whole lotta love for the Panthers at this time. Pick Pitt to cover.
FINAL: Pitt 33 Cincinnati 15 - Fyodor wins!


Saturday 9/9


Illinois (+10.5) at Rutgers
A Big 11 bottom dweller falls to the Rutgers juggernaut. Pick Rutgers.
FINAL: Rutgers 33 Illinois 0 - Fyodor wins!


Auburn (-20.5) at Mississippi State
The Tigers looked very good last week. They are Mythical National Title contenders. Take Auburn to cover.
FINAL: Auburn 34 Mississippi 0 - Fyodor wins!


Vanderbilt (+16) at Alabama
Vandy showed a little heart against Michigan and Bama was not impressive against Hawaii. I'll take the Commodores (minus Lionel Richie) plus the points.
FINAL: Alabama 13 Vanderbilt 10 - Fyodor wins!


Penn State (+7.5) at Notre Dame
The Lions D gave up too many points against Akron. I think Brady Quinn will play better for the Irish. If ND wins, the margin should be more than 7.5. My pick is Notre Dame to cover.
FINAL: Notre Dame 41 Penn State 17 - Fyodor wins! (Ouch!)


Clemson (-2.5) at Boston College
This line surprised me. I'm figuring on the Tigers winning by at least 10. I'd like to see BC win, but I'll take Clemson to win easily.
FINAL: Boston College 34 Clemson 33 - Fyodor loses! (I don't mind losing this one. Nice win for the Eagles.)


Washington (+16) at Oklahoma
The Huskies stink. Pick the Sooners to cover the spread.
FINAL: Oklahoma 37 Washington 20 - Fyodor wins!


Colorado State (-2) at Colorado
After Colorado lost to 1-AA Montana State, I knew I had to pick this game. I'll kick the Buffs while they're down. Take the Rams to cover. Big time.
FINAL: Colorado State 14 Colorado 10 - Fyodor wins!


Central Florida (+23) at Florida
I'll take the Gators to cover the big number.
FINAL: Florida 42 Central Florida 0 - Fyodor wins!


Middle Tennessee State (+22) at Maryland
I'm picking Maryland because I have no idea how good MTSU is. How's that for logic?
FINAL: Maryland 24 MTSU 10 - Fyodor loses! (What was I thinking?)


Air Force (+20) at Tennessee
Is this a trap game for the Vols? Are they basking in the glow of their dismantling of Cal? Will Air Force play any national power tough (other than Notre Dame)? I'll take the Falcons and the points.
FINAL: Tennessee 31 Air Force 30 - Fyodor wins! (YES! Congrats to Air Force for going for two and the win.)


Utah State (+28.5) at Arkansas
How much did USC take out of the Razorbacks? Not enough for Utah State. Take Arkansas and the huge number.
FINAL: Arkansas 20 Utah State 0 - Fyodor loses!


Minnesota (+7.5) at California
How overrated is Cal? Very. Take the Gophers and the points.
FINAL: Cal 42 Minnesota 17 - Fyodor loses! (That's why they call it gambling.)


UNLV (+14.5) at Iowa State
The Cyclones looked bad last week when they barely beat Toledo. I'll take the Rebels and the points on a hunch.
FINAL: Iowa State 16 UNLV 10 - Fyodor wins! (That's why they call it gambling.


Toledo (-10.5) at Western Michigan
I'll pick the Rockets to cover. (See the ISU pick above.)
FINAL: Western Michigan 31 Toledo 10 - Fyodor wins! (Ack!)


Georgia (-3) at South Carolina
The Bulldogs will win by 14 or more.
FINAL: Georgia 18 South Carolina 0 - Fyodor wins! (Heehee!)


Ohio State (+2.5) at Texas
The Game of the Week! #1 versus #2! It should be a great game and the Buckeyes should win outright.
FINAL: Ohio State 24 Texas 7 - Fyodor wins!


Rice (+27.5) at UCLA
The Bruins will clobber the Owls, but they won't cover. Pick Rice and the points.
FINAL: UCLA 26 Rice 16 - Fyodor wins! (YES!)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive