Just look elsewhere, Citizen. Bloggerdom is a big place. I'm sure you can find a something to fit your IQ.
I know.That wasn't very nice of me. But this is a place for my stuff. You get to watch. That's it.
SEX IS DEATH [Part 95: Sexual perversion - the sin that keeps on taking and taking and taking...ad nauseam...ad infinitum]
I came to Carthage, where I found myself in the midst of a hissing cauldron of lusts. I had not yet fallen in love, but I was in love ...
"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III
Friday, June 16, 2006
I can't believe I'm getting blowback on the number of black babes of African-American color I'm posting.
Just look elsewhere, Citizen. Bloggerdom is a big place. I'm sure you can find a something to fit your IQ.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 4:55 PM
WTF??? Are the loonies in Vermont finally outgrowing their drug-induced stupor of the last forty years?
AP: Vermont gives first death sentence in 50 years
BURLINGTON, Vt. - A man convicted in the fatal beating of a grandmother as she prayed for her life became the first person sentenced to death in Vermont in half a century Friday.
Donald Fell, 26, said what he did "was horrible and wrong" as he apologized before U.S. District Court Judge William Sessions III formally sentenced him to die.
"I know the wounds will never heal," Fell said. "If it comes down to it in the end that I do die, I understand that it's no less than what I deserve. I truly am sorry."
May God have mercy on his soul.
Fell was found guilty of killing Terry King in Dover, N.Y., on Nov. 27, 2000, after she was abducted in Rutland as she arrived for work at a supermaket.
Fell's lawyer, Alexander Bunin, said he would appeal the sentence and thanked King's family for "the courtesy they have shown us."
The last time a death sentence was issued in Vermont the year was 1957. The state abandoned the death penalty in the mid-1960s, although the law remained on the books for another 20 years. Vermont still does not have a state death penalty; federal prosecutors brought the charges against Fell because the killers had crossed state lines for a carjacking that results in a death.
Ok. It makes sense now. It's the Feds, not the geniuses from Vermont.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 2:29 PM
From Washington's other newspaper (via the ContraCostaTimes.com):
Children and their parents could be kicked out of the country after July 4; debate parallels that in the United States
There is one big difference, kiddies. The French are actually kicking their illegals out.
Eight-year-old Andrianina Ralison's favorite subject is math, his sport of choice is basketball, he loves library books about nature and animals. His second-grade teacher at La Faiencerie Elementary School in this southern Paris suburb describes him as one of the top achievers in her class.
Andrianina, a round-faced boy from Madagascar, is also an illegal immigrant. And under tough new immigration laws, Andrianina -- along with hundreds of other schoolchildren and their parents across France -- is scheduled to be deported to his native country the day after school ends July 4.
"Why don't they want us here?" Holiarisoa Ralison, 31, said her son asked the day she received the deportation order.
Because your parents broke the law, son. It's nothing personal.
Across much of Western Europe, countries fearful of losing their national identities and anxious over struggling economies are seeking new ways to stem explosive growth in immigrant populations. The debates in Europe echo many of those heard in the U.S. Congress.
For now, the political consensus in France is to crack down, and last fall -- as part of tougher new policies -- authorities began pulling immigrant children out of school to be deported with their families. But many teachers, classmates and parents rebelled. Teachers at a school in central France hid students from police, even at the risk of being fined thousands of dollars for helping illegal immigrants.
Other schools went on strike to protest the sudden evictions. Students and teachers staged street demonstrations. Local town halls run by Socialist officials who oppose the government's increasingly hard-line approach supported many of the families in their legal appeals to remain in the country.
Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy, architect of the new assault on illegal immigration, relented and declared a temporary amnesty for families with children in school and agreed not to deport them until the end of the current school year.
That's more like it, France surrendering and all...
Now, with the last days of the school year approaching, teachers and other activists are renewing their campaigns to protect students.
"Kids, teachers and parents are angry with the situation," said Richard Moyon, founder of the Education Without Borders Network, an association of teachers that organizes protests as part of its efforts to assist youngsters threatened with deportation. "One of the roles of a teacher is to teach kids the ideals of the republic -- freedom and equality. How can teachers explain what freedom and equality are when you've got in front of your eyes this kind of example of children seeing their friends deported?"
Oh, I get it now. The rule of law must not be an ideal of the republic. BTW, what republic are those pesky Frenchies on now, anyway? Seventeenth? Eighteenth?
Following pressure from Moyon's group and sympathetic politicians, the French Interior Ministry on Wednesday issued new guidelines to the local governing authorities that decide whether to grant residency papers to illegal immigrants. Families may be given more favorable consideration if their children have spent at least a year in French schools, were born in France or arrived at a young age and speak French fluently.
Wow. That is still tougher than we are with our illegals.
The guidelines are advisory only; local authorities are not required to use them.
The French government estimates that illegal immigrants number between 200,000 and 400,000. Officials suggest that at least 50,000 of those are children; advocacy groups say the number of children could total 100,000.
400,00? You're worried about a lousy 400,000?
In the past two years, French authorities have stepped up raids on city streets and at subway stations in immigrant neighborhoods, pressured employers to stop hiring illegal workers and rejected larger numbers of applications from illegal immigrants seeking visas.
Deportations have increased by nearly 70 percent, from 11,692 in 2003 to 19,489 last year, according to the Interior Ministry.
Even with the new guidelines issued this week, the fate of the Ralison family remains uncertain.
"Even without papers, life here is 10 times better than in Madagascar," said Holiarisoa Ralison, sitting in the living room of the family's small apartment, where mother, father and two children share the same bedroom -- adults on a lower bunk bed, children in the upper.
Wow. Madagascar must be awful if France looks good in comparison.
In Madagascar, Holiarisoa Ralison was an office administrator for a construction company, making about $66 a month. Her husband made about $75 a month working in a pharmaceutical lab. In France, she said, she earns about $875 a month baby-sitting and cleaning houses while her husband brings home about $1,125 a month from his multiple jobs.
But the greatest motivation, she said, was for the children. At home, most youngsters dropped out of school by the time they were 10 or 11 years old, she said.
Now the family lives in daily fear of deportation. "Every time we hear a car stop, we think it's the police coming to get us," she said. "We don't sleep at night. If my husband is late from work, I start panicking."
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 2:12 PM
In his General Audience of 24 October 1984, the Holy Father gave close examination to the virtue of continence, in light of the teaching of Humanae Vitae. Continence in marriage not only resists concupiscence, but enlarges the capacity of husband and wife to love each other.
Continence Protects the Dignity of the Conjugal Act
At the general audience of Wednesday, 24 October, Pope John Paul II resumed his series of reflections based on "Humanae Vitae", taking up the subject of the virtue of continence. Following is our translation of the Holy Father's address.
1. In keeping with what has already been said, today we will take up the analysis of the virtue of continence.
Continence, which is part of the more general virtue of temperance. Continence consists in the capacity to dominate, control and direct drives of a sexual character (concupiscence of the flesh) and their consequences, in the psychosomatic subjectivity of man. Insofar as it is a constant disposition of the will, this capacity, merits being called a virtue.
We know from the previous analyses that concupiscence of the flesh, and the corresponding desire of a sexual character aroused by it, is expressed with a specific impulse in the sphere of somatic reaction and also with a psycho-emotive excitement of the sensual impulse.
The personal subject, in order to succeed in mastering this impulse and excitement, must be committed to a progressive education in self-control of the will, feelings and emotions. This education must develop beginning with the most simple acts in which it is relatively easy to put the interior decision into practice. As is obvious, this presupposes the clear perception of the values expressed in the law and the consequent formation of firm convictions. If accompanied by the respective disposition of the will, these convictions give rise to the corresponding virtue. This is precisely the virtue of continence (self-mastery). This virtue is seen to be the fundamental condition for the reciprocal language of the body to remain in the truth and for the couple to "defer to one another out of reverence for Christ," according to the words of Scripture (Eph 5:21). This "deferring to one another" means the common concern for the truth of the language of the body; rather, deferring "out of reverence for Christ" indicates the gift of the fear of God (a gift of the Holy Spirit) which accompanies the virtue of continence.
2. This is very important for an adequate understanding of the virtue of continence and especially of the so-called "periodic continence" dealt with in the Encyclical Humanae Vitae. The conviction that the virtue of continence is set against the concupiscence of the flesh is correct, but it is not altogether complete. It is not complete especially when we take into account the fact that this virtue does not appear and does not act abstractly and therefore in isolation. But it always appears and acts in connection with the other virtues (nexus virtutum), and therefore in connection with prudence, justice, fortitude and above all with charity.
In the light of these considerations it is easy to understand that continence is not limited to offering resistance to the concupiscence of the flesh. But through this resistance it is open likewise to those values, more profound and more mature, inherent in the spousal significance of the body in its femininity and masculinity, as well as in the authentic freedom of the gift in the reciprocal relations of the persons. Concupiscence of the flesh itself, insofar as it seeks above all carnal and sensual satisfaction, makes man in a certain sense blind and insensitive to the most profound values that spring from love and which at the same time constitute love in the interior truth that is proper to it.
Linked to power of love
3. In this way also the essential character of conjugal chastity is manifested in its organic link with the power of love, which is poured out into the hearts of the married couple along with the consecration of the sacrament of marriage. In addition, it becomes evident that the call directed to the couple that they "defer to one another out of reverence for Christ" (Eph 5:21) seems to open that interior space in which both become ever more sensitive to the most profound and most mature values that are connected with the spousal significance of the body and with the true freedom of the gift.
Conjugal chastity (and chastity in general) is manifested at first as the capacity to resist the concupiscence of the flesh. It later gradually reveals itself as a singular capacity to perceive, love and practice those meanings of the language of the body which remain altogether unknown to concupiscence itself. Those meanings progressively enrich the marital dialogue of the couple, purifying it, deepening it, and at the same time simplifying it.
Therefore, that asceticism of continence, which the encyclical speaks of (cf. HV 21), does not impoverish affective manifestations. But rather it makes them spiritually more intense and therefore enriches them.
4. Analyzing continence in this way, in the dynamics proper to this virtue (anthropological, ethical and theological), we see that that apparent contradiction disappears, which is often an objection to the Encyclical Humanae Vitae and to the doctrine of the Church on conjugal morality. That is, there would be a contradiction (according to those who offer this objection) between the two meanings of the conjugal act, the unitive meaning and the procreative meaning (cf. HV 12), so that if it were not licit to separate them, the couple would be deprived of the right to conjugal union when they could not responsibly be permitted to procreate.
The Encyclical Humanae Vitae gives an answer to this apparent contradiction, if one studies it in depth. Pope Paul VI confirms that there is no contradiction but only a difficulty connected with the whole interior situation of the "man of concupiscence." Rather, precisely by reason of this difficulty, there is assigned to the interior and ascetical commitment of the couple the true order of conjugal life. In view of this order, they become "strengthened and, one might say, consecrated" (HV 25) by the Sacrament of Marriage.
5. That order of conjugal life means in addition the subjective harmony between responsible parenthood and personal communion, a harmony created by conjugal chastity. The interior fruits of continence mature in it. Through this interior maturing, the conjugal act itself acquires the importance and dignity proper to it in its potentially procreative meaning. At the same time, all the affective manifestations acquire an adequate meaning (cf. HV 21). They serve to express the personal communion of the couple in proportion to the subjective richness of femininity and masculinity.
6. In keeping with experience and tradition, the encyclical reveals that the conjugal act is also a "manifestation of affection" (HV 16). But it is a "manifestation of particular affection" because at the same time it has a potentially procreative meaning. As a result, it is oriented to express personal union, but not only that. At the same time the encyclical indicates, although indirectly, many manifestations of affection, effective exclusively to express the personal union of the couple.
The role of conjugal chastity, and still more precisely that of continence, lies not only in protecting the importance and dignity of the conjugal act in relation to its procreative meaning, but also in safeguarding the importance and the dignity proper to the conjugal act as expressive of interpersonal union, revealing to the awareness and the experience of the couple all the other possible manifestations of affection that can express this profound communion of theirs.
It is indeed a matter of not doing harm to the communion of the couple in the case where for just reasons they should abstain from the conjugal act. Still more, this communion, continually being built up, day by day, through suitable affective manifestations, may constitute a vast terrain on which, under suitable conditions, the decision for a morally right conjugal act matures.
Now, concern turns to football helmet
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger likely will take the field this season wearing a helmet he passed on last year, according to the Steelers' primary helmet supplier.
Roethlisberger also may need a hard chin cup, a different face mask and the addition of a face shield that extends to at least below the nose to keep wayward fingers from his fractured face, jaws and nose, said Marty Cothern, Riddell key account manager. Riddell is the country's leading manufacturer of football helmets. Steelers trainers contacted him about helmet possibilities after the quarterback's Monday motorcycle accident, in which Roethlisberger also suffered a minor concussion.
"They're trying to think ahead of the curve here, and they don't know -- nobody knows -- what the issues are going to be," he said. "... At that position, it's tough to wear too much, because you have to turn your head a lot."
Big Ben likely will wear the Revolution helmet, (above left) which has distinctive muttonchop-like protection over the jaws and was first introduced five years ago, Cothern said.
The helmet was designed to protect players from concussions but also provides the best jaw protection available on a football helmet, he said.
The Revolution was made after a study came to the surprising conclusion that 70 percent of players' concussions occurred from blows to the jaw or side of the head, Cothern said.
Standard helmet might not have helped much
Roethlisberger apologizes, vows to wear helmet
Starkey: Compassion, anyone?
Steelers release three players
Hey, Ben: Football is a contract sport
Ben's eating soft diet
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been out of his hospital bed and is eating a soft diet, his doctors at Mercy Hospital said Wednesday. (2006-06-15)
Broken jaws painful, but not devastating
Whenever retired NFL quarterback Doug Pederson hears about a broken jaw, he relives the pain of the crushing hit Corey Fuller laid on him eight years ago. (2006-06-15)
Soup ad filmed without main ingredient
No soup for you, Ben Roethlisberger. (2006-06-15)
Maddox open to return to Steelers
If Ben Roethlisberger's injuries keep him out long, the Steelers likely would look for a veteran quarterback to back up Charlie Batch. (2006-06-14)
NOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT TOMMY MADDOX!
He'll be able to play, but when?
He might look a little different once he heals, but Ben Roethlisberger will be able to play football. (2006-06-14)
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 1:29 PM
Lord, have mercy on your servants.
From the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
As she watched Transfiguration Roman Catholic Church burn Thursday morning, Veronica Whitico clutched a red missal to her chest that was turned to Kings 18:41-46, the day's Scripture reading.
In the reading, God sends rain to forgive the Israelites for testing him. Earlier, they'd challenged him to prove his might by setting fire to a huge altar. He did, and the Israelites were humbled.
Authorities said a burning car at the rear of the building may have started the fire that destroyed the church built in 1916 along McKrell Road in West Deer.
The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is investigating.
As morning Mass ended around 8 a.m., parishioners heard two loud booms behind the church. Black smoke began to pour through the church's ventilation system.
Whitico, who has attended the church for 71 years, said she dropped to her knees and prayed that the church might be saved.
Then, she and about 20 other parishioners made their escape.
No one was injured but the church was destroyed.
"It's going to be a total loss, unfortunately," said West Deer police Chief Jon Lape. "It spread quickly. Very quickly."
Whitico's parents helped to build the church. She was baptized and married there, and put three sons through Transfiguration School, an elementary school. Her husband even helped design the church's signature sheet-metal bell tower.
"My whole life was the church," Whitico said. "It was the biggest part of my life, next to my family."
She takes heart from the Scripture reading, however.
"The only thing I'll say is, God is good, and everything happens for a reason," Whitico said. "Something good will come of this because God is good."
The Rev. John Vojtek transferred to Transfiguration Church on Monday to replace the former pastor, the Rev. Robert Habe, who retired.
"While it is always sad to lose a church building with all its history, religious artifacts and memorials, and it is a substantial financial blow to the parish, we are extremely grateful that no one was injured in the fire," said a statement released by the Most Rev. Paul Bradley, auxiliary bishop, vicar general and general secretary of the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
"Diocesan staff from our property and insurance offices have already been providing assistance to the parish," Bradley said.
Parish secretary Jackie O'Toole, who was baptized and married in the church, said time will tell whether the church is rebuilt.
"When you lose your church," O'Toole said, "it's like losing your home."
Transfiguration School student Kelly Mehal, 13, and several other children sat on a wall across from the church while firefighters fought the fire.
"We received all our sacraments here," she said. "It's sad it's burning down."
Mehal hopes some good will come of the fire.
"Maybe there's a miracle waiting to happen," she said.
As firefighters put out the last flames, a prayer circle formed behind one of the fire trucks.
Lois Woloszyk, whose grandchildren attend Transfiguration School, led the prayer.
"Comfort us, Holy Spirit, as best you can," she said.
Rose Grondwalski, another member of the prayer circle, was baptized in the church more than 45 years ago.
"It'll be fine," she said through tears. "We'll rebuild, and it'll be fine."
The Rev. Ronald Lengwin, spokesman for the diocese, said discussion on whether to rebuild the church has not begun.
"We're just grieving the loss of the building right now," he said.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 1:08 PM
This is a violation of their tax-exempt status. What do you think arch-conservative CowardlyCuriousGeorge FlyingBushMonkey and the Repansycan leadership in the House and Senate will do about it?
Planned Parenthood Vows to Help Elect 'Progressive Voices'
(CNSNews.com via Crosswalk.com) - The head of the largest abortion provider in America declared Tuesday that she and her organization -- which accepts taxpayer funds -- intend to use their resources to "swing the vote" and "help progressive voices win" elections across the country.
A spokesman for a conservative group called the decision "outrageous."
"We're going to channel our strength, our outreach, our power, and work with our pro-choice allies to help progressive voices win across America," said Cecile Richards, president of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America. Richards, the daughter of former Texas Gov. Ann Richards, made the comments at the liberal "Take Back America" (Ha! It never was and never will be yours. - F.G.) conference.
"The skies are looking better for progressives this November, but the threat to Roe v. Wade and the threat to family planning in this country are probably as great as they have been for the last 30 years," Richards said.
"And with Sandra Day O'Connor gone and Samuel Alito now sitting on the Supreme Court, anti-choice extremists have the bit in their mouth, and they're ready for action," she added.
Richards blamed the situation on politicians such as U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) and President George Bush, "who have abandoned public support for family planning, birth control and sex education.
"The debate, she said, is being driven by "a bunch of ideologues who have not done a single thing in their lives to help children or to improve women's health-care access in this country," she noted.
"Had enough?" Richards asked. "Well, I have."
She noted that Planned Parenthood has 860 health centers around the country in 50 states and has more members, employees and staff than the 50 state Democratic parties combined.
"We have the potential to swing the vote in 2006, 2008 and 2010, and that's a lot of power," Richards said.
"The question is: What are we going to do with it? And the answer is: We're going to use it," Richards declared. "We're going to marry our current reality as the largest reproductive health-care provider in this country with our opportunity to be the largest kickass advocacy organization in this country.
"We're taking on the opponents of choice in the states and the districts where they live," she said. "Planned Parenthood has got to become more political so that health care can become less politicized."
As proof of the need for such action, Richards pointed to the situation in South Dakota, where "less than a month after Alito was confirmed," the legislature passed a bill banning abortion (or "criminalizing abortion," she said).
"I'm very happy to report that last week, the people of South Dakota filed nearly 38,000 signatures in that state, more than twice what was needed, to put this law on the November ballot so that the people of the state can vote this law down," she said.
"At Planned Parenthood, we provide safe and legal abortions in this country, and thank God we do," Richards said. "But that is only 10 percent of what we do. The other 90 percent of our work is to prevent unintended pregnancies and provide vital health care to 5 million women and teens every single year.
"If the far-right legislators in South Dakota are so concerned about the number of abortions, I invite them to link arms with Planned Parenthood -- because for 90 years, we have done more to prevent unintended pregnancies than any other organization in America," she added.
"The battle we're fighting about is not abortion," Richards stated. "It's about the most fundamental question of whether women or families should be able to plan their pregnancies and their families.
"So let me put it to you this way: I'll be damned if we're going to stand by and let George Bush or Sam Alito or Rick Santorum dismantle a woman's right to choose in this country," she said.
"I look forward to building a progressive America and taking back America."
As Cybercast News Service previously reported, Richards assumed leadership of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America in mid-February even as the organization faced the possibility of curtailing services in her home state of Texas.
Jim Sedlak, executive director of the conservative American Life League's STOPP International, called Richards' comments "outrageous."
"Planned Parenthood just released its latest annual report showing it received $272.7 million in taxpayer money, and now, its president exclaims that she is going to use the 'power' of the organization to get people she likes elected to office," Sedlak said. "It appears then that our tax money is going to be used to elect public officials."
Sedlak said the Internal Revenue Service should immediately revoke Planned Parenthood's tax-exempt status.
"Planned Parenthood has always tried to hide its political activity behind its lobbying group -- the Planned Parenthood Action Fund," Sedlak noted. "But when its president clearly states that Planned Parenthood will use its 860 health centers and all its employees and staff to do political work, it has clearly positioned itself as a political organization and violated the basic rules of a 501 C-3 organization.
"Now that Ms. Richards has said, in her own words, 'Planned Parenthood has got to become more political,' people all across the country should bring any PP political activity to the attention of the IRS and to the attention of elected officials," he added.
"It is time we cut off its tax-exempt status and stopped giving it our tax money."
More death-dealing vanity from our moral and intellectual superiors at Big Babykilling:
Planned Parenthood to hold ‘Daddy’s Dead Little Girl’ program
Boca Raton News - For a typical father, the idea of speaking to his adolescent daughter about sex might be a conversation he would avoid due to fear or embarrassment.
Planned Parenthood Wants More Money from Feds
Crosswalk.com - One of the leading pro-life groups in America is wondering why the nation's largest abortion-provider, Planned Parenthood, continues to beg for government funds -- even though the non-profit is just coming off one of its best years ever in terms of income and 'excess revenue.'
Crouse Laments Planned Parenthood’s $63 Million in Profit from Abortion
Christian News Wire - Planned Parenthood (PP), supposedly a non-profit organization, made a profit of $63 million last year. Planned Parenthood has net assets of more than $784 million. All that money is drawing interest and making more profit for Planned Parenthood.
Watch them pretend to care about women's health. Like nobody knows half of their murder victims are innocent little girls:
Planned Parenthood chief lauds new vaccine
The Kalamazoo Gazette - Cecile Richards, president and CEO of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, got some very good news on Thursday afternoon during a stop in Kalamazoo.
Planned Parenthood Rapidly Nearing One Billion Dollar Annual Budget
Christian News Wire - “If the current trend continues, the Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. will command a budget of more than $1 billion in three years,” warned Douglas R. Scott, Jr., president of Life Decisions International.
How sick is this next one? You contribute to breast cancer research and your money kills little kids!
Guest Column: Race for the Cure money reaches Planned Parenthood
Quad-City Times - Quad City Right to Life has learned that some of the money raised by Komen Quad Cities Race for the Cure is still going to Planned Parenthood. This money is funneled through the Louisa County Health Department to Planned Parenthood of Southeast Iowa to serve Muscatine County residents.
AP: House GOP (1) nears vote on Iraq withdrawal
WASHINGTON - House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi decried the Bush administration's "strategic blunders" in Iraq on Friday as the House headed toward a GOP-engineered vote (2) on a resolution that forces lawmakers to take a position (3) on withdrawing American forces.
(1) Actually, Herr Goebbels, the entire House of Representatives will be able to vote on this Resolution.
(2) The House leadership (which just happens to be R at this time) brings bills and resolutions to the floor for votes, not the Republican Party.
(3) The Jackasses can always abstain.
Ack! One sentence in and my poor old brain hurts from the blatant mind-control attempts. Read the rest at your own risk!
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 11:15 AM
Congressthing John "Mutha" Murtha (D-PA) has permanently switched to Vietnam flashback mode so he can pretend he's still a hero.
An editorial from the June 15th, 2006 edition of USA Today:
'Enough is enough'
By John Murtha
Iraq is not the center of the global war on terrorism, and nor is it overwhelmed by foreign terrorist groups, as this administration would like Americans to believe.
Iraqis are fighting Iraqis in sectarian violence, and U.S. troops have become the target.
On Thursday, we heard House Republicans argue that the United States cannot change the policy in Iraq. But a change in direction is in the best interest of the United States and Iraq. Saying we must "stay the course" amounts to an open-ended commitment, one that we can not afford in terms of human and financial sacrifice.
The president continues to say we must stay in Iraq. Iraq has formed a government, trained 265,600 Iraq security forces and the Iraqis want to govern themselves. We have more than 20,000 deaths from this war, and yet terrorist attacks rose sharply last year to more than 10,000. By the end of this year, we will have spent $450 billion U.S. taxpayer dollars on this war. Enough is enough. Our nation deserves better.
Instead of sticking with a failed policy, I propose a new policy. Instead of "stay and pay," which is what this administration continues to argue, I propose that we "redeploy and be ready." We must redeploy American troops out of the cities to the periphery and create a quick reaction force ready to attack only when the national security of the United States or its allies in the region is at risk.
The American people are not naive. They know a failed policy when they see one. Iraq is a failed policy. It's time to redeploy.
Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania is the top Democrat on the House Defense Appropriations Subcommittee.
Memo To The Voters Of Johnstown and Environs: Please vote this old fool out of office in November. Any congressthing can deliver you pork, but this guy is just an embarrassment.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 10:31 AM
Roto-Reuters: Bomber kills 10 in Baghdad mosque
A suicide bomber killed at least 10 people inside a Shi'ite mosque in Baghdad on Friday, police said, a day after the national security adviser said al Qaeda's days are numbered in Iraq.
He blew himself up as worshippers gathered for prayers at the Buratha mosque, an old site which is revered by Shi'ites. Twenty-five people were wounded.
It was the type of violence that the new leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, who succeeded the slain Abu Musab al-Zarqawi last week, had vowed to maintain as part of a war against Iraq's Shi'ites and the U.S.-backed government.
Mosque guard Abdullah Hussein said the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber who had hidden explosives in his sandals to avoid security checks. Police have not confirmed this.
"A guard tried to stop him but he blew himself up and nothing was left of him except his head. You can see it if you want, it's over there," he said, pointing toward a tray in the mosque where a severed human head lay.
HERSHEY 5, MILWAUKEE 1
• Tim Leone: Bears won because they refused to quit
• Hershey defense bolts door
• Bears easily wrap up 9th title
Close your eyes and you'd never know the Hershey Bears were playing more than 700 miles away and not in their home arena.
As the Bears closed in on the Calder Cup championship with a 5-1 victory over the Admirals at Milwaukee last night, it mattered little to the 3,000 Hershey faithful that they had to watch it on the overhead scoreboard in the Giant Center.
They cheered and waved towels and sounded like the voice of a full house as their beloved Bears locked up their ninth American Hockey League title.
Two points on this one, kiddies.
Note that this is the US House's "first extended debate" on arbitrarily pulling Our Boys out of Iraq. If The Party of Blasphemy, Buggery, and 'Bortion was so concerned about it, why hasn't it been pushing for debate in the House for the last three years?
Also note the Democrasses squealing about having to vote yea or nay on a troop pullout. Isn't this what they want? This is your friendly neighborhood Blasphemy, Buggery, and 'Bortion advocate's big chance to stand up and proudly proclaim Iraq to indeed be Vietnam after all and, by all that is cowardly, they're gonna treat it just like Vietnam.
Washington's other newspaper: House Holds First Extended Debate on Iraq War
The House of Representatives today held its first extended debate on the war in Iraq, as Republicans pushed a resolution that ties the conflict to the "global war on terrorism" and rejects setting a date for U.S. withdrawal, while Democrats denounced what they described as the majority's political gamesmanship.
Here's the complete text of the resolution that exposes Democrass hypocrisy. Go ahead and vote against it, you clowns, and then go and face the voters in November. I double dog dare ya!
H. RES. 861
Declaring that the United States will prevail in the Global War on Terror, the struggle to protect freedom from the terrorist adversary.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
June 12, 2006
Mr. HYDE submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on International Relations, and in addition to the Committee on Armed Services, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned
Declaring that the United States will prevail in the Global War on Terror, the struggle to protect freedom from the terrorist adversary.
Whereas the United States and its allies are engaged in a Global War on Terror, a long and demanding struggle against an adversary that is driven by hatred of American values and that is committed to imposing, by the use of terror, its repressive ideology throughout the world;
Whereas for the past two decades, terrorists have used violence in a futile attempt to intimidate the United States;
Whereas it is essential to the security of the American people and to world security that the United States, together with its allies, take the battle to the terrorists and to those who provide them assistance;
Whereas the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and other terrorists failed to stop free elections in Afghanistan and the first popularly-elected President in that nation's history has taken office;
Whereas the continued determination of Afghanistan, the United States, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization will be required to sustain a sovereign, free, and secure Afghanistan;
Whereas the steadfast resolve of the United States and its partners since September 11, 2001, helped persuade the government of Libya to surrender its weapons of mass destruction;
Whereas by early 2003 Saddam Hussein and his criminal, Ba'athist regime in Iraq, which had supported terrorists, constituted a threat against global peace and security and was in violation of mandatory United Nations Security Council Resolutions;
Whereas the mission of the United States and its Coalition partners, having removed Saddam Hussein and his regime from power, is to establish a sovereign, free, secure, and united Iraq at peace with its neighbors;
Whereas the terrorists have declared Iraq to be the central front in their war against all who oppose their ideology;
Whereas the Iraqi people, with the help of the United States and other Coalition partners, have formed a permanent, representative government under a newly ratified constitution;
Whereas the terrorists seek to destroy the new unity government because it threatens the terrorists' aspirations for Iraq and the broader Middle East;
Whereas United States Armed Forces, in coordination with Iraqi security forces and Coalition and other friendly forces, have scored impressive victories in Iraq including finding and killing the terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi;
Whereas Iraqi security forces are, over time, taking over from United States and Coalition forces a growing proportion of independent operations and increasingly lead the fight to secure Iraq;
Whereas the United States and Coalition servicemembers and civilians and the members of the Iraqi security forces and those assisting them who have made the ultimate sacrifice or been wounded in Iraq have done so nobly, in the cause of freedom; and
Whereas the United States and its Coalition partners will continue to support Iraq as part of the Global War on Terror: Now, therefore, be it
Resolved, That the House of Representatives--
(1) honors all those Americans who have taken an active part in the Global War on Terror, whether as first responders protecting the homeland, as servicemembers overseas, as diplomats and intelligence officers, or in other roles;
(2) honors the sacrifices of the United States Armed Forces and of partners in the Coalition, and of the Iraqis and Afghans who fight alongside them, especially those who have fallen or been wounded in the struggle, and honors as well the sacrifices of their families and of others who risk their lives to help defend freedom;
(3) declares that it is not in the national security interest of the United States to set an arbitrary date for the withdrawal or redeployment of United States Armed Forces from Iraq;
(4) declares that the United States is committed to the completion of the mission to create a sovereign, free, secure, and united Iraq;
(5) congratulates Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki and the Iraqi people on the courage they have shown by participating, in increasing millions, in the elections of 2005 and on the formation of the first government under Iraq's new constitution;
(6) calls upon the nations of the world to promote global peace and security by standing with the United States and other Coalition partners to support the efforts of the Iraqi and Afghan people to live in freedom; and
(7) declares that the United States will prevail in the Global War on Terror, the noble struggle to protect freedom from the terrorist adversary.
Oooooohhhh! Those dastardly R's! How dare they make us actually put our defeatism and cowardice on the record!
The Town Talk: Proposal calls for getting Baptist youths out of public schools. What do you think about it?
The Town Talk would like your opinion on the Southern Baptist Convention proposal to help member churches enable Baptist families' children to leave public schools.
Today is the Feast of St. Colman McRhoi, an Irish abbot. Pray for us, all you angels and saints.
Today's reading is 1 Kings 19:9, 11-16.
Today's Responsorial Psalm is Psalms 27:7-8, 8-9, 13-14.
Today's Gospel reading is Matthew 5:27-32.
The Blessed Virgin Mary
Our Mother of Perpetual Help
Prayers from EWTN
National Coalition of Clergy and Laity (dedicated to action for a genuine Catholic Restoration)
The Catholic Calendar Page for Today
Just in case you are wondering what exactly Catholics believe, here is
The Apostles Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession,was left unaided.Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins my Mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful; O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy clemency hear and answer me. Amen.
St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse, pray for us.
Prayer to St. Anthony, Martyr of Desire
Dear St. Anthony, you became a Franciscan with the hope of shedding your blood for Christ. In God's plan for you, your thirst for martyrdom was never to be satisfied. St. Anthony, Martyr of Desire, pray that I may become less afraid to stand up and be counted as a follower of the Lord Jesus. Intercede also for my other intentions. (Name them.)
Prayer To Saint Michael The Archangel
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the divine power, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Prayer to End Abortion
Lord God, I thank You today for the gift of my life, and for the lives of all my brothers and sisters. I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion, yet I rejoice that you have conquered death by the resurrection of Your Son. I am ready to do my part to end abortion. Today I commit myself never to be silent, never to be passive, and never to be forgetful of the unborn. I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement, and never stop defending life until all my brothers and sisters are protected and our nation once again becomes a nation with liberty and justice, not just for some, but for all. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer For Vocations
Send forth your Spirit, Lord, into the hearts of your faithful people, that we may be conscious of our vocation to holiness and sevice to others. Grant that many of us may dedicate ourselves to You through the priesthood and the religious life.We pray especially for the needs of our own parish and diocese. Grant that we may always have sufficient good and holy priests, and dedicated Sisters to serve our commumities.We pray, too, for religious orders; that generous men may join them to become zealous missionaries in preaching the Gospel in word and action, especially to the poor and abandoned.We make this prayer through Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Redeemer. Amen.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 8:48 AM
Thursday, June 15, 2006
In his General Audience of 10 October 1984, the Holy Father continued his exposition of Humanae Vitae, as it bore on his Theology of the Body. The love that God gives to husband and wife is a supernatural power enabling them to coordinate their actions toward the good of marriage, a communion of persons, while safeguarding the connection between the "two meanings of the conjugal act," the unitive and the procreative.
The Power of Love Is Given to Man and Woman as a Share in God's Love
On Wednesday morning, 10 October, in the Paul VI Hall, the Holy Father continued his series of reflections on conjugal spirituality, drawing from Scripture and Tradition. Following is our translation of the Holy Father's address.
1. We are continuing to outline the spirituality of married life in the light of the Encyclical Humanae Vitae.
According to the doctrine contained there, in conformity with biblical sources and all Tradition, love from the subjective viewpoint is a power, that is, a capacity of the human soul, of a theological nature. It is therefore the power given to man in order to participate in that love with which God himself loves in the mystery of creation and redemption. It is that love which "rejoices with the truth" (1 Cor 13:6). In it, the spiritual joy (Augustine's "enjoyment") of every authentic value is expressed. It is a joy like that of the Creator himself, who in the beginning saw that everything "was very good" (Gn 1:31).
If the powers of concupiscence try to detach the language of the body from the truth, that is, they try to falsify it, the power of love instead strengthens it ever anew in that truth, so that the mystery of the redemption of the body can bear fruit in it.
The fullness of good
2. Love itself, which makes possible and brings about that conjugal dialogue, is had according to the full truth of the life of the spouses, is at the same time a power or a capacity of a moral nature, actively oriented toward the fullness of good and for this reason toward every true good. And therefore its role consists in safeguarding the inseparable connection between the "two meanings of the conjugal act," which the encyclical deals with (HV 12). That is, it concerns protecting both the value of the true union of the couple (that is, the personal communion) and the value of responsible fatherhood and motherhood (in the form that is mature and worthy of man).
3. According to traditional language, love, as a higher power, coordinates the actions of the persons, the husband and the wife, in the sphere of the purposes of marriage. Although in dealing with the question neither the conciliar constitution nor the encyclical use the language at one time customary, they nonetheless deal with what the traditional expressions refer to.
As a higher power that the man and the woman receive from God along with the particular "consecration" of the sacrament of marriage, love involves a correct coordination of the purposes, according to which—in the traditional teaching of the Church—there is constituted the moral (or rather "theological and moral") order of the life of the couple.
The doctrine of the Constitution Gaudium et Spes, as well as that of the Encyclical Humanae Vitae, clarifies the same moral order in reference to love. Love is understood as a higher power that confers adequate content and value to conjugal acts according to the truth of the two meanings, the unitive and the procreative, with respect for their inseparability.
In this renewed formulation the traditional teaching on the purposes of marriage (and their hierarchy) is reaffirmed and at the same time deepened from the viewpoint of the interior life of the spouses, that is, of conjugal and family spirituality.
4. The role of love, which is "poured out into (the) hearts" (Rom 5:5) of the spouses as the fundamental spiritual power of their conjugal pact, consists—as we said—in protecting both the value of the true communion of the spouses and the value of truly responsible fatherhood and motherhood. The power of love—authentic in the theological and ethical sense—is expressed in this, that love correctly unites the two meanings of the conjugal act, excluding not only in theory but above all in practice the contradiction that might be evidenced in this field. This contradiction is the most frequent reason for objecting to the Encyclical Humanae Vitae and the teaching of the Church. There must be a well-examined analysis, not only theological but also anthropological (we have tried to do this in the whole present reflection), to show that there is no need here to speak of contradiction, but only of difficulty. Well then, the encyclical itself stresses this difficulty in various passages.
And this arises from the fact that the power of love is implanted in man lured by concupiscence: in human subjects love does battle with the threefold concupiscence (cf. 1 Jn 2:16), especially with the concupiscence of the flesh which distorts the truth of the language of the body. Therefore love too is not able to be realized in the truth of the language of the body except through overcoming concupiscence.
Linked with chastity
5. If the key element of the spirituality of spouses and parents—that essential power which spouses must continually draw from the sacramental consecration—is love, this love, as it is seen from the text of the encyclical (cf. HV 20), is by its nature linked with the chastity that is manifested as mastery over oneself, that is, continence, in particular, as periodic continence. In biblical language, the author of Ephesians seems to allude to this when in his classic text he exhorts spouses to "defer to one another out of reverence for Christ" (Eph 5:21).
We can say that the Encyclical Humanae Vitae constitutes precisely the development of this biblical truth about conjugal and family Christian spirituality. Nonetheless, to make it more manifest, there needs to be a deeper analysis of the virtue of continence and of its special significance for the truth of the mutual language of the body in married life and (indirectly) in the whole sphere of mutual relationships between man and woman.
We will take up this analysis during the upcoming Wednesday reflections.
Yeah, yeah, I know. It would be much funnier if I had picked somebody of whom people had heard.
Principles Keith can swear by
by Lloyd Grove of the NY Daily News
Keith Olbermann's vacation isn't going so well.
He was forced to apologize yesterday after more of his E-mails found their way to my inbox and exposed the host of MSNBC's "Countdown With Keith Olbermann" as insulting and frequently obscene in an acrimonious exchange with two viewers who taunted him.
Olbermann's antagonists, who asked not to be named, repeatedly claimed in their June 8 E-mails that dead Al Qaeda terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was Olbermann's "hero," prompting the television star to advise: "Hey, save the oxygen for somebody whose brain can use it. Kill yourself."
After I forwarded that and other E-mails to an MSNBC exec, Olbermann wrote: "I apologize to anyone who might take offense at my part of this correspondence. It goes without saying that I should not have replied to these abusive and hateful E-mails, but I wonder how many of us could receive literally hundreds of them questioning our patriotism, religion and ethnic origin, without succumbing to the natural wish to confront such hate?"
Here are some examples of Olbermann "confronting hate":
"Given how far you are from knowing your a- from your elbow about my industry, you couldn't be stupider, wronger, or dumber ..."
Industry? What exactly do you make, Herr Ubermensch?
"Go - your mother."
Actually, that is more clever than I expected.
"You 'Americans' still watching that evil f- O'Reilly?"
Oh, I get it. 'Americans' in scare quotes. Ha ha!
Apparently, they are. Fox News' Bill O'Reilly draws six times the viewership of his 8 p.m. weekday rival.
MSNBC declined to comment yesterday, but Olbermann is scheduled to return to work on Monday.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 3:03 PM
Sony Unveils New Model Customer
NEW YORK—Sony Corporation chairman and CEO Howard Stringer gave the public a first glimpse of Steve, the latest model in the company’s highly anticipated line of ideal electronics consumers, during the Sony Corporation of America’s annual stockholders meeting Monday.
The new Steve will buy Sony products.
The 72-inch, 195-pound consumer—a 34-year-old unmarried financial analyst—is smaller, lighter, and swifter than last year’s beta-model consumer, Larry.
“Larry was much less mobile, which worked well for electronics enjoyment but less so for purchasing,” said Hideo Ichimonji, head of the design team for the Ideal Consumer Project. “Also, the Larry’s decision-processing became jammed when forced to choose from more than one potential Sony product. By implementing parallel-purchasing solutions and simplifying its personality traits, we’ve ensured that Steve will always be a loyal Sony customer without any annoying system shutdowns or buying freezes.”
Sony expects Steve to usher in a whole new generation of ideal consumers.
“With Steve, we’re introducing a range of cutting-edge consumer attributes that other electronics manufacturers can only dream of,” Stringer said during the half-hour demonstration, in which Steve smoothly and quickly selected high-end Sony home-theater components it researched on a Sony VAIO laptop while interfacing with Sony customers worldwide using a Sony Ericsson mobile phone.
“The integration of Steve’s simultaneous multi-credit-card-processing capabilities with its high earning capability allows our new U.S.-market flagship consumer to purchase our entire North American product line in a single clock cycle.”
Steve sports larger, pre-calloused thumbs and is fully backwards-compatible with Sony’s complete line of merchandise, extending back to the Trinitron television and cassette Walkman. Its debt threshold is also nearly two-thirds higher.
Several thousand Steves will be shipped to Asia and Europe for test-shopping next month. Steve will come in six different colors, with analysts expecting the white and yellow models to be much more successful than the black version.
Designers say Steve’s recharging capability is an improvement over Larry’s bulky and cumbersome charge port, which resembled a La-Z-Boy recliner.
“Steve can recharge on any reasonably comfortable surface, including a couch, desktop, floor, futon—anywhere that’s within range of a Sony product,” said Ichimonji, who also described the automatic sleep mode that activates when Steve has been out of contact with a Sony product for more than 30 minutes. “The Steve also has the power to consume our products on-the-go for up to three days on one charge. It’s also got a friendlier interface and improved social skills, and loves talking about Sony products in any social setting.”
Added Ichimonji: “Or you can just put Steve in front of an HDTV or send it on its way with a Sony PSP, and you’ll forget he even exists.”
Industry experts have praised the redesign, particularly the enormous numbers of visual, aural, and purchasing-suggestion inputs Steve can support. But the most talked-about feature seems to be its built-in anti-obsolescence feature, which enables it to continuously upgrade its preferences for Sony merchandise.
“Steve definitely looks to be an improvement,” said gaming enthusiast Jennie Weathers, 28, who planned to attend a demonstration at a Las Vegas electronics trade show this weekend. “The Larry was clunky, slow, and always making noise. Steve has a lot more free time and the flexibility to adapt to Sony retail stores and shopping sites like SonyStyle. And it seems like he’ll require very little upkeep or attention, but he’ll still be there when I just want to chill out and watch DVDs on my Sony WEGA HDTV or need some quick cheat tips for Kingdom Hearts II.”
Analysts say that Steve’s only real competition comes from Apple Computer’s own ideal consumer, the iBuy. But because the much more expensive iBuy is designed only to purchase and enjoy the pricier, but limited Apple product line, and is not intershoperable with other systems, Steve’s appeal will likely prove much broader.
Steve is scheduled for release in August, and Sony plans to have hundreds of thousands of models perusing store shelves by Christmas.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 2:55 PM
AP: Violence dips as Baghdad crackdown begins
Hmmm...it's almost like somebody is doing something somewhere to stop the bad guys...
Of course they can't take this idea to its logical conclusion: Bring all-out war to our ememies and the violence will end.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 1:06 PM
Who knew? The goat rapists have to do TPS reports too!
Text of al-Zarqawi safe-house document
By The Associated Press
Text of a document discovered in terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's hideout. The document was provided in English by Iraqi National Security Adviser Mouwafak al-Rubaie:
The situation and conditions of the resistance in Iraq have reached a point that requires a review of the events and of the work being done inside Iraq. Such a study is needed in order to show the best means to accomplish the required goals, especially that the forces of the National Guard have succeeded in forming an enormous shield protecting the American forces and have reduced substantially the losses that were solely suffered by the American forces. This is in addition to the role, played by the Shi'a (the leadership and masses) by supporting the occupation, working to defeat the resistance and by informing on its elements.
As an overall picture, time has been an element in affecting negatively the forces of the occupying countries, due to the losses they sustain economically in human lives, which are increasing with time. However, here in Iraq, time is now beginning to be of service to the American forces and harmful to the resistance for the following reasons:
1. By allowing the American forces to form the forces of the National Guard, to reinforce them and enable them to undertake military operations against the resistance.
John "Mutha" Murtha, call your office.
2. By undertaking massive arrest operations, invading regions that have an impact on the resistance, and hence causing the resistance to lose many of its elements.
3. By undertaking a media campaign against the resistance resulting in weakening its influence inside the country and presenting its work as harmful to the population rather than being beneficial to the population.
Iraq must get Fox News now.
4. By tightening the resistance's financial outlets, restricting its moral options and by confiscating its ammunition and weapons.
5. By creating a big division among the ranks of the resistance and jeopardizing its attack operations, it has weakened its influence and internal support of its elements, thus resulting in a decline of the resistance's assaults.
6. By allowing an increase in the number of countries and elements supporting the occupation or at least allowing to become neutral in their stand toward us in contrast to their previous stand or refusal of the occupation.
7. By taking advantage of the resistance's mistakes and magnifying them in order to misinform.
Based on the above points, it became necessary that these matters should be treated one by one:
1. To improve the image of the resistance in society, increase the number of supporters who are refusing occupation and show the clash of interest between society and the occupation and its collaborators. To use the media for spreading an effective and creative image of the resistance.
2. To assist some of the people of the resistance to infiltrate the ranks of the National Guard in order to spy on them for the purpose of weakening the ranks of the National Guard when necessary, and to be able to use their modern weapons.
3. To reorganize for recruiting new elements for the resistance.
4. To establish centers and factories to produce and manufacture and improve on weapons and to produce new ones.
Herr Krupp, call your office.
5. To unify the ranks of the resistance, to prevent controversies and prejudice and to adhere to piety and follow the leadership.
Obviously, they need to recruit the lobotomized. Or perhaps they could adapt the Motor Voter Bill to their needs: Whenever somebody gets his license renewed, pack his car with C4.
6. To create division and strife between American and other countries and among the elements disagreeing with it.
I think he's talking about the Guernsey Girls here.
7. To avoid mistakes that will blemish the image of the resistance and show it as the enemy of the nation.
In general and despite the current bleak situation, we think that the best suggestions in order to get out of this crisis is to entangle the American forces into another war against another country or with another of our enemy force, that is to try and inflame the situation between American and Iraq or between America and the Shi'a in general.
Specifically the Sistani Shi'a, since most of the support that the Americans are getting is from the Sistani Shi'a, then, there is a possibility to instill differences between them and to weaken the support line between them; in addition to the losses we can inflict on both parties. Consequently, to embroil America in another war against another enemy is the answer that we find to be the most appropriate, and to have a war through a delegate has the following benefits:
1. To occupy the Americans by another front will allow the resistance freedom of movement and alleviate the pressure imposed on it.
2. To dissolve the cohesion between the Americans and the Shi'a will weaken and close this front.
3. To have a loss of trust between the Americans and the Shi'a will cause the Americans to lose many of their spies.
4. To involve both parties, the Americans and the Shi'a, in a war that will result in both parties being losers.
5. Thus, the Americans will be forced to ask the Sunni for help.
6. To take advantage of some of the Shia elements that will allow the resistance to move among them.
7. To weaken the media's side which is presenting a tarnished image of the resistance, mainly conveyed by the Shi'a.
8. To enlarge the geographical area of the resistance movement.
9. To provide popular support and cooperation by the people.
The resistance fighters have learned from the result and the great benefits they reaped, when a struggle ensued between the Americans and the Army of Al-Mahdi. However, we have to notice that this trouble or this delegated war that must be ignited can be accomplished through:
1. A war between the Shi'a and the Americans.
2. A war between the Shi'a and the secular population (such as Ayad 'Alawi and al-Jalabi.)
3. A war between the Shi'a and the Kurds.
4. A war between Ahmad al-Halabi and his people and Ayad 'Alawi and his people.
5. A war between the group of al-Hakim and the group of al-Sadr.
6. A war between the Shi'a of Iraq and the Sunni of the Arab countries in the gulf.
7. A war between the Americans and Iraq. We have noticed that the best of these wars to be ignited is the one between the Americans and
Iran, because it will have many benefits in favor of the Sunni and the resistance, such as:
1. Freeing the Sunni people in Iraq, who are (30 percent) of the population and under the Shi'a Rule.
2. Drowning the Americans in another war that will engage many of their forces.
3. The possibility of acquiring new weapons from the Iranian side, either after the fall of Iran or during the battles.
4. To entice Iran towards helping the resistance because of its need for its help.
5. Weakening the Shi'a supply line.
The question remains, how to draw the Americans into fighting a war against Iran? It is not known whether American is serious in its animosity towards Iraq, because of the big support Iran is offering to America in its war in Afghanistan and in Iraq. Hence, it is necessary first to exaggerate the Iranian danger and to convince America and the west in general, of the real danger coming from Iran, and this would be done by the following:
1. By disseminating threatening messages against American interests and the American people and attribute them to a Shi'a Iranian side.
So, President Hungadunga is a Sunni plant?
2. By executing operations of kidnapping hostages and implicating the Shi'a Iranian side.
3. By advertising that Iran has chemical and nuclear weapons and is threatening the west with these weapons.
4. By executing exploding operations in the west and accusing Iran by planting Iranian Shi'a fingerprints and evidence.
5. By declaring the existence of a relationship between Iran and terrorist groups (as termed by the Americans).
6. By disseminating bogus messages about confessions showing that Iran is in possession of weapons of mass destruction or that there are attempts by the Iranian intelligence to undertake terrorist operations in America and the west and against western interests.
Let us hope for success and for God's help.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 12:43 PM
AP: U.S. identifies al-Zarqawi's successor
BAGHDAD, Iraq - The U.S. military said Thursday the man claiming to be the new al-Qaida in Iraq leader is Abu Ayyub al-Masri, an Egyptian with ties to Osama bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri.
Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, a U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, said al-Masri apparently is the same person that al-Qaida in Iraq identified in a Web posting last week as its new leader — Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, a nom de guerre.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 11:23 AM
From Human Events Online, here's the latest from the petite lady who makes Repansycans, Democrasses, independents, and moderates flee in terror. If you don't get it after reading this, kiddies, you need some serious help.
Party of Rapist Proud to Be Godless
Naturally, I thought of Hamas...
Nope, Ann's not talking about goat rapists, she's talking about ol' King Goober II.
I thought I'd put off that column on ethanol subsidies I'd been planning to write this week and instead address the topic that has so riveted the nation -- the hot new book Godless: The Church of Liberalism.
First of all, I'm getting a little fed up with people trying to make money off my book. Worthless little cable TV shows with teeny-tiny audiences, ridiculous legislators and tabloid newspapers are all trying to make a name for themselves off the profundity of Godless.
She's correct. Where are all the moralists who decry the tv ratings bonanza that is the Natalee Holloway case?
Second, let's pause for a moment to observe that two facts are now universally accepted: Liberals are godless and Hillary's husband is a rapist.
My book makes a stark assertion: Liberalism is a godless religion. Hello! Anyone there? I've leapt beyond calling you traitors and am now calling you GODLESS. Apparently, everybody's cool with that. The fact that liberals are godless is not even a controversial point anymore.
Not a peep. I think Howie Spleen made some pseudo-religious noise earlier this year, but then again that might have just been one of my nightmares.
As for Goober, all the Blasphemy, Buggery, and 'Bortion crowd wants to do 'em like him or be done by him. Again, silence.
In addition to the consensus position that liberals are godless, no one has made a peep about that swipe I took at Hillary, proposing that she have a chat with her husband before accusing others of being "mean" to women in light of Juanita Broaddrick's charge that Bill Clinton raped her. Hillary beat a hasty retreat on her chubby little legs and is now hiding behind Rahm "Don't Touch My Tutu" Emanuel.
Yes, the Democrats' pit bull, Rahm Emanuel, is a former ballerina. And they wonder why the concerted effort of the MSM (as we call the mainstream media) and the Democratic Party can't lay a finger on me. A ballerina. Hey, if the padded, silky shoe fits...
The establishment's current obsession with me is the MSM's last stand. They've deployed the whole lineup of yesterday's power brokers against me, and all they've accomplished is to make my book the No. 1 book in the country. In other words, their efforts to defeat me have just created more people like me. Now who's stuck in an unwinnable quagmire, losers?
It's hard to argue with her here, either. Americans love people being picked on.
"If the knuckle-dragging babykillers hate her, she must be right..."
Take note, conservatives: No American need ever fear the liberal establishment again. It's all over but the sobbing.
Back when there were only three TV stations and no Internet, talk radio or Fox News, it used to be so easy for the MSM to destroy reputations -- Joe McCarthy, Barry Goldwater, Richard Nixon, Robert Bork, Dan Quayle, Oliver North, Clarence Thomas, Pat Buchanan, Newt Gingrich, Paula Jones and Linda Tripp, to name a few of the MSM's prey.
Liberals aren't having so much fun now that the rabbit has the gun.
BANG! Heehee. (Look, Ma! I'm threatening people again!)
Last Wednesday, Brian Williams began the "NBC Nightly News" -- currently watched exclusively by old ladies in nursing homes -- with a report on "civility" in America, which has apparently been horribly despoiled by my book. Williams complained that the "explosion in our media, our deafening national noise level and our changing mores have made this a much different era in America than the one our parents grew up in."
Brian who? Williams? Isn't that Venus and Serena's looney father?
Oh, the civility of having only three TV stations back in our parents' day! It was even more civil in the Soviet Union where there was only one TV station.
In precisely five minutes on the Media Research Center's Web site, I turned up some random examples of the sort of civility we got from the MSM before the alternative media allowed conservatives to be heard, too. These are all-new quotes I've never even seen before. There are about a hundred more in my book Slander.
On Ronald Reagan: "I predict historians are going to be totally baffled by how the American people fell in love with this man (Ronald Reagan) and followed him the way we did." —CBS News White House reporter Lesley Stahl on NBC's "Later
With Bob Costas," Jan. 11, 1989
On Pat Buchanan: "On the road I travel to the mall in Wheaton, Md., two white men severely beat two black women Tuesday. One was doused with lighter fluid, and her attacker tried to set her afire. Both men cursed the women for being black. I couldn't help but shudder: That could have been me. This heinous act happened only hours after Pat Buchanan voters gave him 30 percent of the vote in the Maryland GOP presidential primary." —USA Today columnist and former
"Inquiry" page editor Barbara Reynolds, March 6, 1992
On Lee Atwater*: "(Lee Atwater) was a scoundrel, one of the darkest figures to dominate our recent politics, a man with a comprehensively cynical view of his fellow creatures. ... He made it in the most improbable way, learning to dress at Brooks Brothers and keep his funky white trash wickedness
too. ... In running campaigns that played on racial divisions, he was something worse than a bigot; he was a man who pretended to be a bigot in hope that it would sell." —Washington Post op-ed by reporter Marjorie Williams, March 30, 1991
On Newt Gingrich: "So how do you put an end to what Jim Wright called 'mindless cannibalism'? Do you put a muzzle on Newt Gingrich?" —"CBS This Morning" co-host Kathleen Sullivan, June 1, 1989
Ah, the civility of the old media! Sadly for the MSM, the Silent Majority is silent no more.
* For you kiddies too young to remember Lee Atwater, think of a guitar playing Karl Rove. He too was hated and persecuted by our moral and intellectual superiors because he beat their hand-picked minions in election after election.
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 10:50 AM
- First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.
- "What difference at this point does it make?” (19)
- 24 (24)
- A little Latin lingo (16)
- AIDS (4)
- Animal Flesh Recipes (40)
- Are you a fake conservative? (34)
- ATTACK FROM THE RIGHT! (83)
- Battleground: Pennsylvania (21)
- Big Babykilling (131)
- Big Masturbation (49)
- Bolshevik The Clown (135)
- Book of the Day (119)
- Catholic Apologetics (6)
- Catholic crackup (56)
- Clump lies and freedom dies (51)
- Clump Rising (30)
- Clump über alles (31)
- Clump über alles. (37)
- Clumpy The Clown (28)
- Conservative Crackup (92)
- Dumbass Cinema (23)
- FUCK TRUMP IN THE RUMP (90)
- Germaine Greer In Drag (12)
- GET YOUR WOMBS OUT OF MY WALLET (53)
- GOVERNMENT IS HELL ON EARTH (13)
- GOVERNMENT IS MURDER (18)
- GOVERNMENT IS THEFT (110)
- Guilty Pleasures (40)
- Guns Don't Kill Abortionists Do (9)
- Heap Big Lying Squaw (2)
- Heat Nazis (62)
- In vitro no one can hear you scream (51)
- It Takes A Village To Staff A Gestapo Unit (109)
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Love (10)
- Lyin'-ass Bitch in the White House (136)
- Mayor McTerror (2)
- Mittens The Pompadoured Pussy (17)
- NeverClump (37)
- None Dare Call It Fascism (100)
- None dare call it treason (174)
- Obama-rama (159)
- Orgasm Über Alles (80)
- Penis bad Vagina good (58)
- PLUTO HELD HOSTAGE (99)
- Racist. (75)
- Real Mensches Of Genius (16)
- Reel Cinema (7)
- Religion of Peace and Love and Et Cetera (189)
- SEX IS DEATH (111)
- Shakespearean insults (15)
- She With The Unmentionable Straightened Hair (5)
- Sodomy: The New Black (46)
- Stop me if you've heard this one. (14)
- The face of things to come (4)
- The First Hair Straightener (21)
- The King Abdullah Gazette (304)
- The Long Hot Zombie Summer (35)
- The Theology of the Body (149)
- Totalitarian Pennsylvania (67)
- VOTE FOR ROMNEY NOT THE COMMIE (70)
- What Would Giffords Do? (23)
- Words don't kill People do (77)
- Zardoz (8)
- Major K. - He's home now, but his blog from Iraq remains.
- The Mudville Gazette
- Iraq The Model
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- 365 and a Wakeup - He's home now, but his blog from Iraq remains.
- Captain's Quarters
- Michael Yon - old blog here
- A Star From Mosul
- Peeve Farm-Breeding peeves for show, not just to keep as pets.
- BlameBush! Because Bush is to Blame for Everything.
- CRISIS Magazine
- Disaffiliates-Think Twice
- Where have you gone, Ronald Reagan?
- (Get your own "Wars Prevented by the UN" counter here.)
- WI Catholic Musings
- Network of College Conservatives
- The Musings of David Amulet
- Stop The ACLU
- Crossed The Tiber
- I link what I like. Show me what you've got.
- ► 2017 (168)
- ► 2016 (99)
- ► 2015 (19)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2012 (665)
- ► 2011 (692)
- ► 2010 (42)
- ► 2007 (849)
06/11 - 06/18
- I can't believe I'm getting blowback on the number...
- From The Satan Puts A Cardigan On Layaway Departme...
- In France, end of school year brings threat of dep...
- The Theology of the Body: 124. Continence Protects...
- Steelers Update.
- Fire destroys Pittsburgh church.
- Wrestling's greatest gift to mankind: Stacy Keible...
- BIG BABYKILLING never sleeps.
- How many bits of propaganda can you find in this a...
- Wrestling's greatest gift to mankind: Stacy Keible...
- Congressthing John "Mutha" Murtha (D-PA) has perma...
- Wrestling's greatest gift to mankind: Stacy Keible...
- Wrestling's greatest gift to mankind: Stacy Keible...
- Religion of Peace and Love Update.
- Ladies and gentlemen! The 2006 Calder Cup Champion...
- Right Wing Smile of the Day: Making the anti-war m...
- A tiny bit of sense from the baptists.
- Saint of the Day and daily Mass readings.
- The Theology of the Body: 123. The Power of Love I...
- Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Keith Olb...
- Speaking of The Onion...
- Plausible Made Up German Word of the Day.
- Wrestling's greatest contribution to mankind: Stac...
- Wow. How did this headline slip through the left-f...
- Abu, we hardly knew ye.
- Curses! I knew I should never have set up a Myspac...
- I'll let Ann Coulter explain it to you, kiddies.
- Airport Security: Keeping You Safe Since 2001.
- Meanwhile, back in Slave China...
- Howie Spleen dances on the graves of Our Boys...
- In his defense, Bruce was never the sharpest knife...
- How does the hometown paper of the dreaded Milwauk...
- Fyodor will now proceed to jinx the Hershey Bears ...
- FERNANDO PISANI!!!!! SHORTHANDED GOAL IN OVERTIME!...
- You see, ESPN was forced to cancel 'Playmakers' be...
- Fyodor was going to mock a handicapped guy who was...
- Saint of the Day and daily Mass readings.
- Another German secret weapon revealed!
- Bonus Jenna von Oÿ Photo of the Day.
- Wesley Pruden journeys into the heart of ignorance...
- What? Do these guys think they're the UN or someth...
- David Ludwig Pleads Guilty; Receives 2 Consecutive...
- I get mail from 'the voice of reason'...
- Whatever happened to...
- Traveshamockery Democracy and Religion of Peace an...
- More evidence that government is incapable of bein...
- Those folks on the Gulf Coast are our neighbors. Y...
- Today is Flag Day.
- Saint of the Day and daily Mass readings.
- The Theology of the Body: 122. Prayer, Penance and...
- Remember when a man's small business was his castl...
- 4 out of 5 western 'feminists' prefer The Religion...
- Those darn kids!
- Say, have you been wondering what John Updike has ...
- Brave goat rapists save US taxpayers millions!
- Senator Hitlery Schicklgruber (N-NY), call your of...
- Closed churches sell off artifacts.
- Those 12 years of Ebonics in public school finally...
- Noted retroactive abortionist Fidel Castro comment...
- Heehee! The fatheaded fascists in New Jersey have ...
- Take Back the Memorial Update.
- Mike Quarry, Requiescat in pace.
- Heehee! Innocent genius Karl Rove escapes the clut...
- Ben Roethlisberger is a very lucky young man. And ...
- Saint of the Day and daily Mass readings.
- Congratulations to Bernard Hopkins. That was exact...
- Attack of the redheads! Alicia Witt (The Last)
- MEMO TO THE LEFT-FASCISTS:
- Moe Drabowsky, Requiescat in pace.
- Six year old Brandon Bennett has more brains and g...
- Totalitarian Pennsylvania (with a boost from a fed...
- The Theology of the Body:121. Responsible Parentho...
- Rock Paper Scissors Update.
- Compassionate Leftism Update.
- Fyodor versus an antique media monopoly. (Part Two...
- EMERGENCY STEELERS UPDATE: Roethlisberger Injured ...
- Fyodor struck a left-fascist nerve and gets enough...
- It's now official. Porn star wannabes have taken o...
- Golly, those Chinese commies should build clean-bu...
- Dumbasses Online Update.
- From The There Is No Such Thing As Routine Surgery...
- When exactly did comic books become the idiom of c...
- Today, single-sex classrooms. Tomorrow, real educa...
- Hey, kiddies! Look who's winning the War Against t...
- Saint of the Day and daily Mass readings.
- ▼ 06/11 - 06/18 (85)
- ► 2005 (2291)