Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Monday, March 13, 2006

Oakland Region - First Round

At Dallas, TX on Friday 3/17:

(1)Memphis vs. (16)Oral Roberts
I have heard ORU is under-rated and I know the Memphis Tigers are not as good as they think. However, I cannot bring myself to take a 16 seed over a 1.
FINAL: Memphis 94 ORU 78 - Fyodor wins!


(8)Arkansas vs. (9)Bucknell
I'm picking the Bison here. (You may begin to notice a pro-Pennsylvania bias in my picks.)
FINAL: Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55 - Fyodor wins! (Yes! Take that, Packer!)


At Auburn Hills, MI on Friday 3/17:

(5)Pittsburgh vs. (12)Kent St
Got to go with my Panthers even though their offense is suspect.
FINAL: Pitt 79 Kent St. 64 - Fyodor wins! (The short-handed Panthers shoot 67% from the field! If they can shoot close to that, they are a Final Four contender.)


(4)Kansas vs. (13)Bradley
I'll take red-hot Kansas here. They'll be even better next year.
FINAL: Bradley 77 Kansas 73 - Fyodor loses! (WOW. Is it Bill Self's fault? They are going to have to take Billy Packer's belt and shoelaces from him.)



At Salt Lake City, UT on Thursday 3/16:

(6)Indiana vs. (11)San Diego St
I think the Hoosiers will win this one for Coach Davis.
FINAL: Indiana 87 San Diego St. 83 - Fyodor wins! (SDSU should have won this one.)


(3)Gonzaga vs.(14)Xavier
I'll take the Bulldogs over the Musketeers in a too-soon Catholic versus Catholic matchup even though my third favorite former Pitt point guard Sean Miller did a great job coaching Xavier this year.
FINAL: Gonzaga 79 Xavier 75 - Fyodor wins! (I'm beginning to doubt the Bulldogs. Watchout for Xavier next year.)


At San Diego, CA on Thursday 3/16:

(7)Marquette vs. (10)Alabama
Even though they are no longer the Warriors, I'll go with Marquette here.
FINAL: Alabama 90 Marquette 85 - Fyodor loses! (Bad game from the Golden Eagles.)

(2)UCLA vs. (15)Belmont
I have no idea who or where Belmont is. I'll go with UCLA.
FINAL: UCLA 78 Belmont 44 - Fyodor wins!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive