Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Monday, March 13, 2006

Minneapolis Region - First Round

"Play in" game
At Dayton, OH on Tuesday 3/14:

Hampton vs. Monmouth
I have no idea here, although I saw Hampton win their conference championship game. I'll take Monmouth because of George Washington's (the general, not the basketball team) victory there.
FINAL: Monmouth 71 Hampton 49 - Fyodor wins!



At Philadelphia, PA on Friday 3/17:

(1)Villanova vs. (16) Monmouth
I must go with Villanova over either. (You may begin to notice a pro-Catholic school bias in my picks.)
FINAL: Villanova 58 Monmouth 45 - Fyodor wins!


(8)Arizona vs. (9)Wisconsin
This could be the best game of the first round. I'll take the stinkin' Badgers.
FINAL: Arizona 94 Wisconsin 75 - Fyodor loses! (The Badgers never showed up.)


At Salt Lake City, UT on Thursday 3/16:

(5)Nevada vs. (12)Montana
I think Nevada has been seeded too high, but I'll take them over the Grizzlies.
FINAL: Montana 87 Nevada 79 - Fyodor loses! (I forgot. Nevada was last year's team.)


(4)Boston College vs. (13)Pacific
Pacific's recent tourney success may sucker some into picking them here. Not me. I'm going with the Eagles who almost beat Duke in the ACC Championship game.
FINAL: Boston College 88 Pacific 76 (2OT) - Fyodor wins! (Great game for the fans.)


At Jacksonville, FL on Thursday 3/16:

(6)Oklahoma vs. (11)Wisconsin-Milwaukee
I haven't liked OU all year. I'll take the Panthers of Milwaukee.
FINAL: Wisconsin-Milwaukee 82 Oklahoma 74 - Fyodor wins! (Billy Packer, call your office.)

(3)Florida vs. (14)South Alabama
One can never tell with the Florida Gators, but I'll pick 'em here.
FINAL: Florida 76 South Alabama 50 - Fyodor wins! (Gators looked good. Especially Yannick Noah's kid.)

At Dayton, OH on Friday 3/17:

(7)Georgetown vs. (10)Northern Iowa
I'll go with JTIII's Hoyas.
FINAL: Georgetown 54 Northern Iowa 49 - Fyodor wins!


(2)Ohio St vs. (15)Davidson
The Buckeyes. Big time.
FINAL: OSU 70 Davidson 62 - Fyodor wins!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive