Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Monday, March 13, 2006

Atlanta Region - First Round

At Greensboro, NC on Thursday 3/16:

(1)Duke vs. (16)Southern
I have to go with Duke over the SWAC champs, but Duke's bench is thin this year.
FINAL: Duke 70 Southern 54 - Fyodor wins!

(8)George Washington vs. (9)UNC-Wilmington
If Pops is 100%, UNCW is in trouble. I'll pick GW, but my heart's not in it.
FINAL: George Washington 88 UNC-Wilmington 85 - Fyodor wins! (Great comeback by the Colonials.)


At Jacksonville, FL on Thursday 3/16:

(5)Syracuse vs. (12)Texas A&M
Despite the fact the Orangemen (I know.) are "on a roll", I'll pick 'em here.
FINAL: Texas A&M 66 Syracuse 58 - Fyodor loses! (Never bet "momentum", kiddies. Syracuse was a 12 loss team. When will I ever learn? Plus, Boeheim and McNamara are a couple of whining little babies.)

(4)LSU vs. (13)Iona
LSU is inconsistent and Iona is underrated. But I think the Tigers won't lose just yet.
FINAL: LSU 80 Iona 64 - Fyodor wins!


At Auburn Hills, MI on Friday 3/17:

(6)West Virginia vs. (11)S Illinois
I would love to pick the Salukis here because West Virginia has not played well in a month. But I'm afraid the Salukis will go down. Hard.
FINAL: WVU 64 S. Illinois 46 - Fyodor wins! (Salukis went down hard.)


(3)Iowa vs. (14)Northwestern St
I know nothing about Northwestern St. (Though I think they are from Texas.) Iowa looked good beating Ohio St., so I'll go with the Hawkeyes.
FINAL: Northwestern State (from Louisiana) 64 Iowa 63 - Fyodor loses! (Billy Packer is going to have to get a job with al-Jazeera.)

At Dallas, TX on Friday 3/17:

(7)California vs. (10)NC State
I'll take the up and down Wolfpack over the Bears in a mild upset.
FINAL: NC State 58 California 52 - Fyodor wins!


(2)Texas vs. (15)Pennsylvania
The Longhorns have never seen an offense like Penn's. Penn keeps it close, but loses.
FINAL: Texas 60 Pennsylvania 52 - Fyodor wins!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive