Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

May God bless the Order of the Apostles of Jesus.

Our Sunday homily was delivered by a priest from Uganda, a member of the Apostles of Jesus. He described the difficult conditions these missionary priests combat in Africa.

The readings for the Mass were quite appropriate.
Jeremias 20:10-13:


10
For I heard the reproaches of many, and terror on every side: Persecute him, and let us persecute him: from all the men that were my familiars, and continued at my side: if by any means he may be deceived, and we may prevail against him, and be revenged on him.
11
But the Lord is with me as a strong warrior: therefore they that persecute me shall fall, and shall be weak: they shall be greatly confounded, because they have not understood the everlasting reproach, which never shall be effaced.
12
And thou, O Lord of hosts, prover of the just, who seest the reins and the heart: let me see, I beseech thee, thy vengeance on them: for to thee I have laid open my cause.
13
Sing ye to the Lord, praise the Lord: because he hath delivered the soul of the poor out of the hand of the wicked.

The Apostles of Jesus have faced persecution from their founding in 1968. Two Italian Comboni missionaries, Bishop Sixtus Mazzoldi, MCCJ and Reverend John Marenconi, MCCJ, founded the order in Uganda.

But Sunday's Gospel was full of hope and strength, as are these brave men who deserve any help you can give them. Here is Matthew 10:26-33:


26
Therefore fear them not. For nothing is covered that shall not be revealed: nor hid, that shall not be known.
27
That which I tell you in the dark, speak ye in the light: and that which you hear in the ear, preach ye upon the housetops.
28
And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell.
29
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father.
30
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31
Fear not therefore: better are you than many sparrows.
32
Every one therefore that shall confess me before men, I will also confess him before my Father who is in heaven.
33
But he that shall deny me before men, I will also deny him before my Father who is in heaven.


Here is the order's website.

They have a US presence too, near Allentown, PA.:

Apostles of Jesus Mission Office
829 Main Street
Northampton, PA 18067-1838
Phone: (610) 502-1732
Fax: (610) 502-1733
E-mail: apostlesofjesus@verizon.net

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive