Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Friday, June 24, 2005

Major K. on Father's Day

Today was Fathers' Day. Nobody here really noticed. What we have noticed in the intelligence section is that although arhabi attacks in general are still well below average, we have seen a little bit of an uptick in IED's here in our area. I had a very few people wish me a happy fathers' day today beacuse they know my beautiful wife is expecting our first child. My thoughts on Fathers' day still turn to my father, who passed away, too young, almost two years ago, at the at the age of 71. He was an exceptional father and human being. A finer example of manly chivalry, I have never seen. I wrote this poem for his funeral. I wish he had seen it before he passed.
MY HERO
Be whatever you want
But be a good one
Always do the right thing
And be sure to have fun
He is the man
That I want to be
A daunting task
For the likes of me
Kind and thoughtful
Always and all ways
Exemplifying the Golden Rule
To the last of his days
Responsible, trustworthy and loving
He taught me about being a man
Philanthropic and wise
For one should if one can
His words are oft repeated
The wise and the jest
Intelligent yet humble
Gave family his best
A bit of a kook
He loved his life
Only exceeded
By love for his wife
Like a good wine
Should not stay on the shelf
His faith daily drove him
To serve higher than self
A road less traveled
With others in need
When no one was looking
He’d do the right deed
There’s a hole in the world
Where he used to be
Now a darker place
Since he is now free
To know this man of honor
We have been truly blessed
“Pass it on.” He would say
“And give it your best”
To Andrew John Krappman Jr.
-GJK
As a soon-to-be father, I have a very tough act to follow....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive