Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Friday, November 04, 2005

Fyodor's Pro Football Picks of the Week.

1) The guys who set the lines are professionals. Their job is to make each game look as attractive as possible to everyone. That way they even out the amount of money bet on each side.
Instant translation: The house wins no matter who wins. That's why people get into the gambling business.

2) I am just a fan. I won't even keep track of these picks week to week if it gets too embarrassing.

3) There is no such thing as "inside information". Especially in the pros.

4) If those idiot touts on tv and in the paper were any good, they wouldn't go public with their genius. They'd sit at Harrah's sports book from open to close and then go out and buy $2,000 an hour hookers who dress like high school girls.

5) Gambling is stupid. You cannot win.

That being said, here are my NFL picks for this week.


Sunday 11/6


Cincinnati (-3) at Baltimore

Bengals sense an opportunity. They will cover the number.

FINAL: Bengals 21 Ravens 9 - Fyodor wins!

Detroit (PICK 'EM) at Minnesota

I'll take the Vikings.

FINAL: Vikings 27 Lions 14 - Fyodor wins!

Houston (+13) at Jacksonville

Houston stinks, but Jags can't score. Take the Texans and the points.

FINAL: Jaguars 21 Texans 14 - Fyodor wins!

Oakland (+4.5) at Kansas City

I hate picking the Raiders, but I'm going to do it again here.

FINAL: Chiefs 27 Raiders 23 - Fyodor wins! (Oh, glorious hook! The Raiders lose and cover! Game ball to Coach Vermeil for the gutsiest NFL call in years.)

San Diego (-6.5) at NY Jets

Take the Chargers. They are due for a big game.

FINAL: Chargers 31 Jets 26 - Fyodor loses! (Nice comeback by the Jets. SD is not a Super Bowl contender.)

Tennessee (+3) at Cleveland

The Crummy Game of the Week. Stay away from this one, kiddies, and keep your wallet in your pocket. I'll pick the Titans.

FINAL: Browns 20 Titans 14 - Fyodor loses! (It lived up to its billing.)

Atlanta (-2) at Miami

I don't like the Falcons on the road. They should win this, but I'll take the Dolphins to cover.

FINAL: Falcons 17 Miami 10 - Fyodor loses! (Stinking Dolphins.)

Carolina (-1.5) at Tampa Bay

Another chance to gamble everyone should avoid. I'll take Tampa at home.

FINAL: Panthers 34 Bucs 14 - Fyodor loses! (Note To Self: Bucs have no offense.)

Chicago (-3) at (sort of) New Orleans

I'll pick the Bears because I feel obligated to pick somebody here.

FINAL: Bears 20 Saints 17 - PUSH!

NY Giants (-11) at San Francisco

The New Yorkers should win by three touchdowns, and that makes me nervous. Take 'em to cover anyway.

FINAL: Giants 24 49ers 6 - Fyodor wins!

Seattle (-4) at Arizona

Is it just me, or do these teams play each other every other week? Take the Cardinals and the points.

FINAL: Seahawks 33 Cardinals 19 - Fyodor loses! (I hate these teams. Two ironclad losses for me each year.)

Pittsburgh (-3.5) at Green Bay

Without Big Ben for a couple of weeks, my Steelers are in some trouble. The O line, the running backs, and the whole D must carry the team for now. They may win this, but I'm picking the Packers here.

FINAL: Steelers 20 Packers 10 - Fyodor loses! (Meaningless gambling loss! Good job from everyone, but the Steelers' MVP for this year is nosetackle Casey Hampton, who clogs up the entire middle of the field on every play.)

Philadelphia (+3) at Washington

The Crummy Game of the Week. Eagles and Redskins were both exposed last week. I'll take Philly and the points, but I wouldn't bet on it.

FINAL: Redskins 17 Eagles 10 - Fyodor loses! (The curse of T.O. begins.)

Monday 11/07

Indianapolis (-4) at New England

Colts finally beat the Patriots, but by less than 4. Take New England.

FINAL: Colts 40 Patriots 21 - Fyodor loses!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive