Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Friday, September 02, 2005

I get mail, Objectivistly speaking.

Responding to my post regarding totalitarian panic over ID requirements for voters (Is that Robert Byrd in your pocket, or are you just tired?),



Bohemian Like You said...

Someone call the hyperbole cops on these idiots...

This reminds me of an Ayn Rand quote I saw and then posted on my site the other day.

It goes a little something like this:

"The uncontested absurdities of today are the accepted slogans of tomorrow. They come to be accepted by degrees, by precedent, by implication, by erosion, by default, by dint of constant pressure on one side and constant retreat on the other - until the day when they are suddenly declared to be the country's official ideology." ~Ayn Rand


I must reiterate: That Ayn Rand stuff just creeps me out. After slogging through Atlas Shrugged in high school, I thought "So what?" People don't and won't think that way, much less act that way.

The clincher came later when I learned Ayn Rand was just another idiot human with a messed up personal life. Human nature always gets in the way.

Memo to anyone who believes in (or is looking for) a "system": Systems do not work with humans. Hence the genius of the Catholic Church. It knows humans never change.

Anyway, invoking the
Theory of Politically Friendly Forces, yadda, yadda, yadda...

B.L.Y. has a point. Those of us who can still think must stop the totalitarians from controlling the language. (Remember when you could use the word "gay"* properly without drawing snickers?) The only way to do this is to get your kids out of the government schools.

Then, after a couple generations of hard work, we won't have to worry as much about the fascists defining the terms of debate and corrupting the pursuit of knowledge.

BTW, hyperbole cops???!!! If those babykilling nazi shilpit wee nyaffs ever read this, I am doomed.

* 1 a : happily excited : MERRY b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits

2 a : BRIGHT, LIVELY b : brilliant in color

3 : given to social pleasures; also : LICENTIOUS

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive