Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I get mail from Greek university students...

...and I'm not talking about your friendly neighborhood Lambda Chis or Delts, kiddies.

Responding to my Stay In The Wars Until We Win 'Em
post


Christoforos said...

Hallo wake up men!!! You must not be serious........


Naturally, I was not sure how I should respond. What about that "men" thingee? Is it just a slight error in his use of English (He still writes better than I did in college.) or is he appealing to all men everywhere? (If that's the case, Chris baby, you came to the wrong blog. )

Or, a more sinister possibility presented itself. What if he is studying abnormal psychology over there in Greece and he was trying to warn me about some kind of split-personality thingee he has noticed by observing my twitchy little corner of Bloggerdom?

Then there is the "You must not be serious..." line that I get all the time from family, friends, co-workers, strangers, She Who Must Be Obeyed, health professionals, mental health professionals, clergymen, government officials, Sam's dog, et cetera...You get the picture. (I was thinking of updating that to "You get the JPEG", but didn't.)

The post in question was pretty serious. At least until I took a couple of shots at Mr. Jaffa near the end. War is war, kiddies, and we haven't won one outright since 1945. And it's time to live up to that Superpower status thingee.

Chris, baby, Americans don't give rat's ass about the freedom of Iraqis or Afghans per se. We mostly want to eat fatty foods, watch tv, and chase women descended from women who came here from countries like yours generations ago. (I know a girl whose father's grandfather was from Greece and her mother's mother was from Ireland. WOW will have to suffice.)

But it is in our interest to free them and perhaps others in the future. Why? Because we don't want the goat rapists killing innocent people here. So we go out and kill them there. Simple.


From looking at your blog, Chris, I doubt you are a goat rapist. You probably don't even know any goat rapists. And I can understand you being a little resentful about living in a country that hasn't done anything in a couple thousand years. (Welcome to the club. My Italian cousins have a similar track record. If you don't mention Mussolini, I won't mention Metaxas.)

We don't have to wipe out radical moslem murderers. We want to. If you don't buy the whole freedom and justice thingee, that's cool. (It might be better for everyone if the whole world thinks the good ol' USA is only motivated by vengeance.)

If countries like Iraq and Afghanistan are improved in the process, that's a bonus. And if countries like Greece stay free (I'm guessing here. Ugly Americans like feta cheese and olive oil and don't think much about Greece after that.) well, that's a bonus too. You're welcome.

BTW, you're also welcome for that whole WWII thingee.

Or, you can ignore all I have typed so far and just ponder this:

Get out of Cyprus, you filthy imperialists!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive