Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Friday, August 12, 2005

This must be Open Letter Week, because my gal Orit has written one to her fellow Jews.


Proving she is much more than just another pretty face and a smoking body, Orit pleads for sanity before it is too late at Israelinsider.

Dear Friends,

As some of you may know, I'm writing from Gush Katif. I'm writing now to anyone whose e-mail I remember, and anyone I can reach through the web. (Internet access, phones, and electricity will be cut off here by the government in the coming days.)

I'm writing because I know it's easy to stay home in your living rooms while Jewish history is being forged -- for the better or the worse -- and thousands of Jewish lives are on the brink of destruction. But this week has made me see everything differently, with my own eyes and with my own mind.

Throughout my time here I've witnessed how these people - who are good, kindhearted, generous people who love Israel with all their hearts -- have been mistreated, persecuted and put through psychological terror. I'm watching lives and communities being destroyed, synagogues and Jewish graves upturned, thousands of nurseries and livelihoods uprooted.

I cannot shut my mouth anymore. I know many of you have strong political opinions either way -- but to me this is not only a political issue -- this is a human issue.

The people here have suffered, are suffering, and if this madness is not stopped they will continue to suffer. The government has not provided for them, and many who believe this "law" is immoral refuse to cooperate with the government and sanction this immorality. They will be homeless. There is talk of building for themselves "tent cities."

Their suffering may never go away, even though they are strong. They do not deserve this, no matter how much any of you see the settlers as a scapegoat to Israel's ills, which I am certain they are not.

Some of you may think I'm a fanatic or radical -- but I like to think I'm a human being and a proud Jew. I'll not be afraid to say it. I'm a Jew and I'm proud about it. And when it comes down to it, that's what a lot of this is about.

Once the settlers are forced out, there will be a free terror trade within Gaza and Egypt. Hamas will move into their homes and plan our deaths. Things may seem peaceful for a brief while, but (most of the top IDF and intelligence people say) it will all break apart soon.

If the government says it seeks "peace," and it is achieved through making Israeli children cry, Israeli families dragged out of their homes, and little Israeli kids beaten -- then I can only cringe at the kind of "peace" this government would accomplish.

If you can open your hearts, then I ask all of you to do something. This can be stopped through non-violent civil disobedience of the likes of Martin Luther King and Ghandi. For those not willing to go that far there will be organized and legal marches and rallies which will take away the forces from the expulsion and THIS WILL BE STOPPED. And you can say that you took part in the miracle.

We will all be the better off for it -- and I promise we will all sleep better at night.

With love and best regards, Orit

P.S. If you would like to read more about what's going on here, check out my "disengagement diary" at www.israelinsider.com.

And please -- forward this letter to all your friends and fellow Jews.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive