"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III
Friday, June 29, 2012
"We're not going to start implementing Obamacare," Jindal said during a conference call with Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell. "We're committed to working to elect Gov. Romney to repeal Obamacare."
Under the Affordable Care Act, states must set up a health insurance exchange program by Jan. 1, 2014, and will receive grants from the federal government to implement it. Several Republican governors, including both Jindal and McDonnell, have put off setting up the exchanges in the hope that the law would be repealed or struck down by the court. Now that the law has been upheld, Jindal said he won't change course and is looking to presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to lead the repeal effort if he takes office in 2013.
"Here in Louisiana we have not applied for the grants, we have not accepted many of these dollars, we're not implementing the exchanges," Jindal said. "We don't think it makes any sense to implement Obamacare in Louisiana. We're going to do what we can to fight it."
Despite the court ruling, there is still a chance that Republicans in Congress can repeal much of the law next year even if they don't have a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. Because Chief Justice John Roberts ruled that the mandate to purchase health insurance—one of the key provisions of the law—was a tax, Republicans can use a procedure called "budget reconciliation" to pass a repeal bill that requires only a simple majority to pass. But this scenario relies on the Republicans' ability to win the White House, keep the majority in the House and gain enough seats in the Senate.
On the same conference call on Friday, McDonnell, also considered a contender to become Romney's running mate, said he would "evaluate" his options in Virginia now that the court has upheld the law.
"We don't even know exactly what that federal exchange would look like, so there's still some uncertainty at this point as to what the right course is, and in the next days and weeks we're going to be evaluating the case as well as the options for Virginia," McDonnell said. "I think each state is going to have to weigh that and look at the time frame to determine what to do. But I agree absolutely that the priority right now is to elect a new president and a new Senate so this law can be repealed."
McDonnell, the chairman of the Republican Governors Association, added that he has not yet polled fellow state executives in the GOP about how they plan to proceed after the ruling, but said that most are looking to the election in November for guidance.
- First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.
- 24 (22)
- A little Latin lingo (16)
- AIDS (3)
- Animal Flesh Recipes (40)
- Battleground: Pennsylvania (15)
- Big Babykilling (108)
- Big Masturbation (38)
- Bolshevik The Clown (121)
- Book of the Day (117)
- Catholic crackup (37)
- Dumbass Cinema (21)
- GET YOUR WOMBS OUT OF MY WALLET (35)
- GOVERNMENT IS THEFT (50)
- Guilty Pleasures (9)
- Heat Nazis (60)
- ILyin'-ass Bitch in the White House (2)
- In vitro no one can hear you scream (33)
- It Takes A Village To Staff A Gestapo Unit (88)
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Love (9)
- Lyin'-ass Bitch in the White House (117)
- Mayor McTerror (2)
- Mittens The Pompadoured Pussy (15)
- None dare call it treason (113)
- Obama-rama (145)
- Orgasm Über Alles (45)
- Penis bad Vagina good (35)
- PLUTO HELD HOSTAGE (95)
- Racist. (65)
- Reel Cinema (6)
- Religion of Peace and Love and Et Cetera (164)
- SEX IS DEATH (88)
- Shakespearean insults (15)
- She With The Unmentionable Straightened Hair (5)
- Sodomy: The New Black (34)
- Stop me if you've heard this one. (10)
- The First Hair Straightener (20)
- The King Abdullah Gazette (299)
- The Long Hot Zombie Summer (32)
- The Theology of the Body (134)
- Totalitarian Pennsylvania (60)
- VOTE FOR ROMNEY NOT THE COMMIE (70)
- What Would Giffords Do? (16)
- Words don't kill People do (22)
- Zardoz (6)
- Major K. - He's home now, but his blog from Iraq remains.
- The Mudville Gazette
- Iraq The Model
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- 365 and a Wakeup - He's home now, but his blog from Iraq remains.
- Captain's Quarters
- Michael Yon - old blog here
- A Star From Mosul
- Peeve Farm-Breeding peeves for show, not just to keep as pets.
- BlameBush! Because Bush is to Blame for Everything.
- CRISIS Magazine
- Disaffiliates-Think Twice
- Where have you gone, Ronald Reagan?
- (Get your own "Wars Prevented by the UN" counter here.)
- WI Catholic Musings
- Network of College Conservatives
- The Musings of David Amulet
- Stop The ACLU
- Crossed The Tiber
- I link what I like. Show me what you've got.
06/24 - 07/01
- Wow. Sometimes there really ARE zombies!
- Hey, guess what...John Roberts captained a Swift B...
- Former Catholic schoolgirl Katie Holmes escapes!
- The Catholic crackup continues apace...
- BOBBY JINDAL FOR PRESIDENT!
- Africa is an unholy mess, but you can help...
- Catholic kids are cool, kiddies. Pray they never o...
- Update from Catholic Relief Services
- Just one more thing, kiddies...
- Help us, St. Michael!
- And now, a few words from men smarter than all of ...
- Pay heed, kiddies.
- Saint of the Day and daily Mass readings
- JOHN ROBERTS JOINS THE COURT COMMIES, DECLARES THE...
- Our children are vicious morons because that is wh...
- Today is the sixth day of the Fortnight For Freedo...
- What do you give the newly "married" sodomite coup...
- Sometimes a swastika is just a swastika.
- Penis good? Vagina...scary?
- Real men play softball.
- Yet more high crimes and misdemeanors from America...
- It's only a matter of time, kiddies, before faithf...
- Today is the fifth day of the Fortnight for Freedo...
- It's better than nothing, kiddies.
- The Catholic crackup continues apace...
- ▼ 06/24 - 07/01 (25)
- ► 2011 (692)
- ► 2010 (42)
- ► 2007 (849)
- ► 2006 (3993)
- ► 2005 (2291)