Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Friday, September 15, 2006

Fyodor's College Football Picks of the Week.

1) The guys who set the lines are professionals. Their job is to make each game look as attractive as possible to everyone. That way they even out the amount of money bet on each side.
Instant translation: The house wins no matter who wins. That's why people get into the gambling business.

2) I am just a fan. I won't even keep track of these picks week to week if it gets too embarrassing.

3) There is no such thing as "inside information". Especially in the pros.

4) If those idiot touts on tv and in the paper were any good, they wouldn't go public with their genius. They'd sit at Harrah's sports book from open to close and then go out and buy $2,000 an hour hookers who dress like high school girls.

5) Gambling is stupid. You cannot win.

That being said, here are my college picks for this week.



Saturday 9/16



Brigham Young (+7) at Boston College
I gotta go with the Eagles to cover at home.
FINAL: BC 30 BYU 23 - PUSH!


Cincinnati (+29.5) at Ohio State
Since I am not really gambling here, I have no doubt the Buckeyes will cover this huge number.
FINAL: Ohio State 37 Cincinnati 7 - Fyodor wins! (Take that! you evil hook!)


Duke (+35) at Virginia Tech
Another huge number! What the heck, it's not basketball season - take Tech to cover.
FINAL: Virginia Tech 36 Duke 0 - Fyodor wins!



Syracuse (+3) at Illinois
This could very well be The Lousy Game of the Millenium. All tape of this contest will be burned! Take the Orange (formerly) men and the points.
FINAL: Syracuse 31 Illinois 21 - Fyodor wins!



Michigan State (+2.5) at Pittsburgh
The line is enticing! The line is begging me to take the Panthers! I MUST OBEY THE LINE! Pick Pitt at home.
FINAL: MSU 38 Pitt 23 - Fyodor loses! (Stupid line.)



Iowa State (+13) at Iowa
The Cyclones stink out loud, but it's a rivalry game. Take State and the points.
FINAL: Iowa 27 Iowa State 17 - Fyodor wins! (This is the kind of pick on Saturday that helps me get through all the lousy Sunday ones.)



Alabama-Birmingham (+17) at Georgia
This one worries me, but I will go with the Bulldogs to cover.
FINAL: Georgia 34 UAB 0 - Fyodor wins! (Silly Fyodor. But the Bulldogs are overrated.)


Louisiana State (+3) at Auburn
This should be a great game. I have to take Auburn, but I won't be shocked if LSU covers or wins outright.
FINAL: Auburn 7 LSU 3 - Fyodor wins!




Michigan (+5.5) at Notre Dame
This game is always close. (Except last year. Heehee!) I'll take the Wolverines and the points. The Irish will win by a field goal.
FINAL: Michigan 47 Notre Dame 21 - Fyodor wins! (ACK! The worst ND performance since the Gerry Faust era.)




Miami (+4) at Louisville
My head says Miami, but my heart says Louisville. Silly head. Pick the Cardinals.
FINAL: Louisville 31 Miami 7 - Fyodor wins! (Miami is not a good team.)



Ohio University (+15.5) at Rutgers
I am riding the Rutgers juggernaut until it jumps the tracks. (Sorry.) Take the Knights.
FINAL: Rutgers 24 Ohio 7 - Fyodor wins! (Yippee!)


Oklahoma (+5) at Oregon
I know Oregon is good and they're at home, but this line smells fishy. It's like the boys in Vegas are tempting Your Humble Servant to pick the Sooners. Make this my Contrarian Pick of the Week. Take the Ducks to cover.
FINAL: Oregon 34 Oklahoma 33 - Fyodor loses! (Sooners got screwed by instant replay, which will be the death of sport.)




Texas (-32) at Rice
Rice's home field advantage should be enough to avoid a 33+ point blow out at the hands of...Whom am I kidding? Take Texas.
FINAL: Texas 52 Rice 7 - Fyodor wins!



University of Louisiana at Monroe (+24.5) at Alabama
I typed out UL-Monroe's entire name because I don't think Bama is going to cover that number. Their third string won't dominate.
FINAL: Alabama 41 UL Monroe 7 - Fyodor wins!



Arizona State (-11) at Colorado
I will take the Sun Devils to cover because I am going against Colorado every chance I get this year.
FINAL: ASU 21 Colorado 3 - Fyodor wins!


Clemson (+5) at Florida State
This should be another good one. The Seminoles' O has not impressed me and the Tigers should still be upset about the BC game. Take Clemson and the points.
FINAL: Clemson 27 FSU 20 - Fyodor wins! (Are the guys who set the college lines really the same ones who set Sunday's?)




Nebraska (+17.5) at USC
Husker fans are delusional, and even though I think this number is way too big, I will take the Trojans just to spite them.
FINAL: USC 28 Nebraska 10 - Fyodor wins!


Florida (-3.5) at Tennessee
Another good game! The Vols usually find a way to mess this one up every year...BUT NOT THIS TIME! Take Tenneessee to cover EASILY!
FINAL: Florida 21 Tennessee 20 - Fyodor wins! (Behold the beauty of the point spread! I win even though I was completely wrong!)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive