Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Joey Porter, noted supply-side linebacker of the Super Bowl XL Champion Steelers takes his tax cutting crusade to the White House.

I'll bet you $20 you did not see or hear the second half of this story yesterday. The antique media has their agenda and I have mine. But I am honest about it.

Forget the Bush-bashing if you want. But what's the deal with making a young black man look like a fool?

From the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:

The White House has accommodated dignitaries from around the globe, but it might have never seen the likes of Steelers linebacker Joey Porter, who will arrive there June 2 for a Super Bowl ceremony and the subsequent presentation of the Steelers' Super Bowl rings.

President Bush might even get an earful from the vociferous Porter, who can talk trash with the best of them.

"I have something to say to Bush, too," Porter said, letting out a laugh. "Yeah, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there. I'm looking forward to it, but like I said, I have something to say to (Bush), too."

Like what?

"I don't like the way things are running right now, so I have something to tell Bush," Porter said, smiling. "I feel like he gotta give some of my money back."

Will the president listen to the lippy linebacker?

"I hope so ... I'm going to tell him about it," Porter said.

On a more serious note, Porter said he is looking forward to going to Washington and being honored by the Commander in Chief. It will be a culmination of an amazing run the Steelers have been on since winning Super Bowl XL on Feb. 5 in Detroit.

"You see all these teams win the Super Bowl, and they got to visit the president," Porter said. "You remember that stuff; you kind of wonder what you would do if you had that opportunity. So, we're getting our opportunity. I always wanted to go inside the White House, so it will be a good opportunity for everybody."

Porter's teammate, nose tackle Casey Hampton, already has an inside track on the goings-on with Bush. Porter said Hampton used to work out with the president when the former played at the University of Texas and Bush was governor of Texas.

"(Bush) actually calls Casey 'Big Hamp.' That trips me out," Porter said. "Like, he knows the president. How do you get to know the president? It's crazy."

Hampton said Bush was "down to earth" when the two worked out in Austin.

"I haven't talked to him a lot since -- he wasn't the president then," Hampton said. "It's a little harder to see him."

Porter said he might attempt to convince President Bush to call him by his nickname, J-Peezy.

"I'll try to get on that level with him, like, 'Peezy, what's happening?' " Porter said. "So if I get to the point where the president is calling me Peezy, it will be a good situation."

Not that Porter would expect anything less.

"I'm not going to be in awe like that, because I've seen (Bush) before," Porter said. "But, at the same time, it's always an honor to be with the president. He's the one who runs everything."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive