Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Friday, November 11, 2005

Fyodor's College Football Picks of the Week.

1) The guys who set the lines are professionals. Their job is to make each game look as attractive as possible to everyone. That way they even out the amount of money bet on each side.
Instant translation: The house wins no matter who wins. That's why people get into the gambling business.

2) I am just a fan. I won't even keep track of these picks week to week if it gets too embarrassing.

3) There is no such thing as "inside information". Especially in the pros.

4) If those idiot touts on tv and in the paper were any good, they wouldn't go public with their genius. They'd sit at Harrah's sports book from open to close and then go out and buy $2,000 an hour hookers who dress like high school girls.

5) Gambling is stupid. You cannot win.

That being said, here are my college picks for this week.


Saturday 11/12



Northwestern (+19) at Ohio State
This number is way too big. Take Northwestern to cover.
FINAL: Ohio State 48 Northwestern 7 - Fyodor loses! (Wildcats turn back into a pumpkin.)


Maryland (+3) at North Carolina
I'll take UNC at home.
FINAL: Maryland 33 UNC 30 - Fyodor loses! (Ack!)


Florida State (-1.5) at Clemson
"They" are beggin' me to take FSU. And so I shall.
FINAL: Clemson 35 FSU 14 - Fyodor loses! (Wow.)


Florida (-4) at South Carolina
Florida has not impressed me. I'll bet Spurrier gets the Gamecocks fired up enough to cover the 4.
FINAL: South Carolina 30 Florida 22 - Fyodor wins! (Too bad I can't stand Coach Superior.)


Navy (+23.5) at Notre Dame
A huge number, plus Navy always plays them tough, plus ND can't seem to play all out for an entire game. Take the Midshipmen and the points.
FINAL: Notre Dame 42 Navy 21 - Fyodor wins!


Memphis (+18) at Tennessee
The Tigers aren't very good, but neither are the Vols. Take Memphis and the points.
FINAL: Tennessee 20 Memphis 16 - Fyodor wins!


Georgia Tech (+3.5) at Virginia
I'll take Tech in a mild upset.
FINAL: Virginia 27 Georgia Tech 17 - Fyodor loses! (Oh, never mind.)


Kansas (+33.5) at Texas
One more big Longhorn win. Pick Texas.
FINAL: Texas 66 Kansas 14 - Fyodor wins!


Iowa (+2.5) at Wisconsin
The Badgers at home saying farewell to Barry Alvarez? They'll cover.
FINAL: Iowa 20 Wisconsin 10 - Fyodor loses! (A fitting end to the Alvarez era.)


LSU (-3) at Alabama
'Bama can't score, but they have a great defense. Gotta go with the home team 6 to 3.
FINAL: LSU 16 Alabama 13 - PUSH! (Scary. I picked Alabama and predicted the push. Or maybe just stupid.)


USC (-19) at California
Cal is done. Trojans by four touchdowns.
FINAL: USC 35 California 10 - Fyodor wins!


Miami (-17) at Wake Forest
The 'Canes have remembered they're good. Pick Miami.
FINAL: Miami 47 Wake Forest 17 - Fyodor wins!


Colorado (-2.5) at Iowa State
I don't like the Buffs on the road, but they are the better team. Take Colorado.
FINAL: Iowa State 30 Colorado 16 - Fyodor loses! (I should know better than to pick Colorado. Next time, somebody stop me.)

Arizona State (+3.5) at UCLA
I'd stay away from this one. The Bruins could be devastated or really angry. Take UCLA if you must.
FINAL: UCLA 45 ASU 35 - Fyodor wins! (I guess they were angry enough.)


Auburn (+3) at Georgia
My Hunch of the Week. Pick Auburn.
FINAL: Auburn 31 Georgia 30 - Fyodor wins! (Hooray hunches!)






No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive