Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Good news from New Orleans: George Buck and his wife are safe.

This comes from Fred's News Page:

****************************************************************
UPDATE:
15/10/05 - Hi Fred, I've received A message from the George Buck set-up in New Orleans. The warehouse where they kept the LPs and books has been totally destroyed by Katrina. The offices are getting back into business but the person with whom I correspond has lost his home and everything. All the people working there are OK. We complain about our weather but it certainly is nothing compared with the extremes of other nations.
***************************************************************


04/09/05 - Good News from N.O. - "Hi Fred, I have heard from USA that George Buck is safe. I'll give more information when I hear. " - Mart Rodger :

- From Pete Vickers, "Hi Pete We are all safe. They airlifted us off of the roof of our building at 4am and we are now in Jackson Mississippi with family. More details when we meet which I doubt will be in September this year at the moment. Best wishes to all, John "Kid" Simmons. PS My van after 20 years of faithful service, is now a submarine."

For those of you not among the cognoscenti, Mr. Buck is the driving force behind Jazzology Records, where REAL jazz still lives.

Please continue to pray for those not as fortunate and those whose fates are unknown.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive