Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Peeve Farm Update.

This is really creeping me out. First there was this apparent coincidence. I mentioned Paranoia Agent on June 13 and today I noticed the following:

Monday, July 25, 2005
01:00 - Where credit is due

I've got to admit that while I usually just turn down the volume when the anime block comes on and tune it out, Paranoia Agent is a series that I can really seriously enjoy.

It's intricate, self-referential, smart, creepy, and written in such a way that the compelling parts of the storytelling survive the translation intact. The people don't just look like people, a rare treat in and of itself—they act like people, too. That's really something I appreciate, whatever the genre.

It's also got an opening sequence that is pure, injectable nightmare fuel. If you've seen/heard it, you know what I mean—but if not, I won't even attempt to describe it.

Those Adult Swim guys know how to pick 'em.

Doppleganger? Psychic connection? CIA radio signals? (Get your aluminum foil hats here! Aluminum foil hats! Don't leave home without 'em!) Alien implants? I am not sure I want to read this guy's whole blog. What if he too gives redheads an extra two points on the old 1 to 10 scale...

It's too scary to contemplate.

Or, is it just a matter of numbers? If everyone everywhere blogged, how many would mention Paranoia Agent? How many would call the juniorette US Senator from New Yawk Hitlery? Just how many would get it?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive