From the Sydney Morning Herald:
Sudan re-arrests Christian woman Meriam Ibrahim after freeing her from death row - where she was sent after being convicted of daring to convert from mohammedism to a real religion
Khartoum: A Christian woman in Sudan freed from death row on Monday has been detained a day later after trying to leave the country with her family.
Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, 27, sentenced to hang last month for apostasy, was released after her conviction was overturned by Khartoum’s appeals court. But Ms Ibrahim, her husband and two children were detained by security at the Khartoum airport where they sought to board a plane, Reuters reported, citing a security official.
Conflicting accounts of the incident have emerged, with the United States saying it received assurances Ms Ibrahim woman was not re-arrested.
State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said Washington has been informed by Sudan that "the family was temporarily detained at the airport for several hours by the government for questioning about issues related to their travel and, I think, travel documents".
"They have not been arrested," she added.
"The government has assured us of their safety. The embassy has and will remain highly involved in working with the family and the government. We are engaging directly with Sudanese officials to secure their safe and swift departure from Sudan."
The reasons for Ms Ibrahim's delay at the airport were not immediately clear. Ms Ibrahim’s legal team had expressed fears for her safety after her release from prison, concerned that someone might try to harm her.
Ms Ibrahim had been sentenced for adultery after her marriage to Daniel Wani, an American Christian from South Sudan, was declared invalid. She recently gave birth to her second child in Omdurman’s women’s prison after she was jailed in February with her first child, Martin.
Ms Ibrahim was charged after a family member reported her to authorities for having married a non-Muslim. Ms Ibrahim insisted she had been raised a Christian by her Ethiopian Christian mother and had never been a Muslim.
Her father, a Muslim, abandoned the family when Ibrahim was six years old and played no role in her upbringing, she said.
The conviction and sentence were condemned by human rights groups including Amnesty International, and by the United States, Britain and other Western governments, with calls for Sudan to guarantee freedom of religion.
In Sudan, abandoning Islam to convert to Christianity or another faith is an offence punishable by death under the country’s 1991 penal code. The court gave Ibrahim a chance to renounce her Christianity in order to avoid the death sentence, but she refused to do so.
Conditions in the women's prison were harsh, with reports that Ibrahim was in chains in her cell.
Ms Ibrahim's second child, a daughter, was born in the jail's hospital wing shortly after the death penalty was handed down. The court ruled that she would be allowed to care for the baby for two years, then the death penalty would be carried out.
There's a particularly nasty corner of Hell waiting for these sons-of-whores who abuse women and children.
From The Star:
SEX IS DEATH [Part 95: Sexual perversion - the sin that keeps on taking and taking and taking...ad nauseam...ad infinitum]
I came to Carthage, where I found myself in the midst of a hissing cauldron of lusts. I had not yet fallen in love, but I was in love ...
"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
From the Sydney Morning Herald:
- First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.
- "What difference at this point does it make?” (19)
- 24 (23)
- A little Latin lingo (16)
- Abortionists Do (1)
- AIDS (4)
- Animal Flesh Recipes (40)
- Are you a fake conservative? (8)
- ATTACK FROM THE RIGHT! (44)
- Battleground: Pennsylvania (21)
- Big Babykilling (124)
- Big Masturbation (45)
- Bolshevik The Clown (133)
- Book of the Day (119)
- Catholic Apologetics (5)
- Catholic crackup (55)
- Clump lies and freedom dies (35)
- Clump Rising (30)
- Clump über alles (19)
- Clump über alles. (33)
- Clumpy The Clown (21)
- Conservative Crackup (67)
- Dumbass Cinema (23)
- FUCK TRUMP IN THE RUMP (70)
- Germaine Greer In Drag (9)
- GET YOUR WOMBS OUT OF MY WALLET (51)
- GOVERNMENT IS HELL ON EARTH (11)
- GOVERNMENT IS MURDER (12)
- GOVERNMENT IS THEFT (107)
- Guilty Pleasures (34)
- Guns Don't Kill (1)
- Guns Don't Kill Abortionists Do (2)
- Heap Big Lying Squaw (1)
- Heat Nazis (61)
- In vitro no one can hear you scream (46)
- It Takes A Village To Staff A Gestapo Unit (109)
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Love (10)
- Lyin'-ass Bitch in the White House (134)
- Mayor McTerror (2)
- Mittens The Pompadoured Pussy (17)
- NeverClump (35)
- None Dare Call It Fascism (65)
- None dare call it treason (148)
- Obama-rama (159)
- Orgasm Über Alles (67)
- Penis bad Vagina good (47)
- PLUTO HELD HOSTAGE (99)
- Racist. (74)
- Real Mensches Of Genius (5)
- Reel Cinema (7)
- Religion of Peace and Love and Et Cetera (186)
- SEX IS DEATH (101)
- Shakespearean insults (15)
- She With The Unmentionable Straightened Hair (5)
- Sodomy: The New Black (45)
- Stop me if you've heard this one. (11)
- The face of things to come (4)
- The First Hair Straightener (21)
- The King Abdullah Gazette (303)
- The Long Hot Zombie Summer (35)
- The Theology of the Body (139)
- Totalitarian Pennsylvania (66)
- VOTE FOR ROMNEY NOT THE COMMIE (70)
- What Would Giffords Do? (22)
- Words don't kill People do (60)
- Zardoz (8)
- Major K. - He's home now, but his blog from Iraq remains.
- The Mudville Gazette
- Iraq The Model
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- 365 and a Wakeup - He's home now, but his blog from Iraq remains.
- Captain's Quarters
- Michael Yon - old blog here
- A Star From Mosul
- Peeve Farm-Breeding peeves for show, not just to keep as pets.
- BlameBush! Because Bush is to Blame for Everything.
- CRISIS Magazine
- Disaffiliates-Think Twice
- Where have you gone, Ronald Reagan?
- (Get your own "Wars Prevented by the UN" counter here.)
- WI Catholic Musings
- Network of College Conservatives
- The Musings of David Amulet
- Stop The ACLU
- Crossed The Tiber
- I link what I like. Show me what you've got.
- ► 2017 (97)
- ► 2016 (99)
- ► 2015 (19)
- ▼ 06/22 - 06/29 (6)
- ► 2012 (665)
- ► 2011 (692)
- ► 2010 (42)
- ► 2007 (849)
- ► 2006 (3990)
- ► 2005 (2291)