Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Steelers Update

This is exactly why we love love the gridiron game so much and won't let our sons play it.

From the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
Polamalu: I’ve discounted head injuries to keep playing

Troy Polamalu confesses he has lied about the severity of a head injury to remain in a game.
Polamalu, who has a long history of concussions, also told “The Dan Patrick Show” on Wednesday he has remained on the field even after the Steelers’ medical staff told him to leave.

The four-time All-Pro safety considers an injury to the head to be like that to a knee — if he can tolerate the discomfort, he’s playing.

“It may be kind of messed up, but you just kind of push yourself to be out there with your brothers,” Polamalu said. “I wouldn’t say there are any major lies where I totally lied my way out of concussions. In fact, during concussions, if it’s serious enough, you can’t even be conscious enough to lie.”

Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher also said after last season he would lie about a concussion to stay on the field. To Polamalu, a player’s view of a concussion differs from the medical definition.

“I’ve had, I believe, eight or nine recorded concussions,” Polamalu told the radio show. “When you get your bell rung, they consider that a concussion. I wouldn’t. ... If that is considered a concussion, I’d say any football player at least records 50 to 100 concussions a year.”

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive