I posted the following almost exactly a year ago and absolutely nothing has changed. I haven't checked, but I'm sure all the websites represented below will have eerily similar stories posted soon, if they haven't done so by now.
I'll always love the Pirates, but it's more of a nostalgic thing for me. [Check out the Willie Stargell stamp available later this month from the USPS.] I wish them well, and if you're a fan, I wish you luck."Oooooh, look at the Pirates! Aren't they cute? See, this proves there's nothing wrong with baseball because the low-budget Buccos are contending."
Wrong, kiddies. As soon as these Pirates are eligible for free agency, they will be snatched up by the same big money dumbasses who are praising the Pittsburgh franchise today.
And that's not the only thing wrong with Major League Baseball. For instance, it's been dead for at least thirty years.
Commentary | Improved pitching, Hurdle lift Pirates back into contention
- Pittsburgh Pirates Are a Winning Baseball Team. Why? Clint ... - Bleacher Report
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Handing out the Mid-Season Awards - Bleacher Report
- Pittsburgh Pirates: The Ideal Lineup for the Second Half of... - Bleacher Report
- all 218 news articles…
The Pittsburgh Pirates Just Had Their Best Half-Season Of Baseball In 19 Years
- Business Insider
- 2011 MLB All-Star Game: Kevin Correia Breaks into the All-St... - Bleacher Report
- MLB All Star Game 2011: Pirates Sneak Multiple Players Onto ... - Bleacher Report
- Pirates' treasure Correia scrapes to pitch-perfect 10 - Reuters
- all 22 news articles…
Pittsburgh Pirates: What Andrew McCutchen's All-Star Selection Means to the CityWhen the rosters for the 2011 MLB All-Star Game were announced, Pittsburgh fans couldn't help but feel robbed. Sure, Joel Hanrahan got in. He's been one of the game's best closers this year with 26 saves and zero blown saves. His ERA is phenomenal, and his fastball reaches blistering speeds. If the Bucs have a lead going into the 9th inning, we all know it's "Hammer Time." However, when the team ...
- Bleacher Report
Team success can spell marketing success
- Pittsburgh Pirates Sign Columbian Outfielder Harold Ramirez - Bleacher Report
Pittsburgh Pirates: 5 and a Half Moves That Can Get Them into the Playoffs
- Clint Hurdle Has Pesky Pirates In Contention - WTAE-TV Pittsburgh
- Hurdle has pesky Pirates in NL Central contention - The San Francisco Examiner
- all 18 news articles…
Have the Pittsburgh Pirates Finally Seen the Light?
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Not Doing Badly in Interleague Play - Bleacher Report
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Is Joel Hanrahan the Best Closer in the... - Bleacher Report
- Alex Presley's 1st homer lifts Pirates over Blue Jays - Boston Herald
- all 40 news articles…