Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I get mail from long-dead Englishmen...

Responding to my post on the story of the couple who left their two young boys alone to go to Vegas, a pretender (Meet the original William Blackstone here.) offers what I am sure he thinks is a more realistic and logical point of view.


William Blackstone said...

If you would rather not have the media do your thinking (* - F.G.) for you, consider an alternative..Ask questions! (Remember, If it's in the Enquirer, You know it's true!)
jerryspringerlaw.blogspot.com



I was going to cut you a bit of slack, Citizen Blackstone, considering you are dead and English. But then I thought, heck, he ought to know better no matter his handicaps.

Call me old fashioned, Blackie baby, but I don't think parents of young boys (one of whom is autistic) should go to Las Vegas. Period. Regardless of the circumstances.

I hate to cite Michael Savage .(I really do.) But even he makes sense once in a while. He calls the sexual revolution of the 1960's the "homosexual revolution", an attempt to normalize deviant sexual behavior by mainstreaming the homosexual lifestyle. One facet of this lifestyle is vacationing. "Gracious, Fyodor! How could vacations be bad?"

You see, Blackie, the key concept to keep in the very front of one's brain (regardless of its size or capabilities) is responsibility. My parents did not have the time or the money to vacation. They had the responsibilities that come with being a normal, married-for-life heterosexual couple. They were too busy working and saving to make sure their children's lives would be better than theirs and to protect their children from the vicissitudes of life as best they could. My brothers and sisters and I can attest to our parents' success in this endeavor.

Perhaps I am being a little too harsh, Blackie. You are probably new to my little corner of bloggerdom and simply shouldn't be expected to get it so soon.

To me, "conservative" is only a useful tag I occasionally use to describe myself.

But I am really a Catholic first, last, and always. Well, at least I am trying. And when I say Catholic I mean
transubstantiation, the Sacrament of Penance, obedience to the Pope, et cetera. You know, all the things the world hates. Old School Catholicism. Scholastic, even.

So you see, Blackie, I did indeed ask questions before I posted that news story. But they were the eternal ones.

* I'm willing to bet your definition of the word "thinking" has been so corrupted you cannot recognize the real thing when you encounter it. The real Mr. Blackstone would not be pleased.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive