Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Thursday, May 11, 2017

What they call confidence, I call hubris. What they call happiness, I call slavery. How about you?


Recently, I have been confronted by folks accusing Your Humble Narrator of being "too negative". These words have come at me from both my right and my left, from Clumpskyites and commies alike.

On the one hand, I know if the nazis call me a commie and the commies call me a nazi, I'm probably doing ok.

On the other hand, I so want to be liked by everybody!

I knew I couldn't type that with a straight face.

Do you want me to be positive? I'm positive that there are many among us who get their jollies by making the rest of us dance to their tune and only their tune...and it is not a particularly pleasant piece of music. To me it sounds like a prison work song.

Do you want me to be happy? I'd be a damn sight happier if other people stopped thinking they know what my happiness is and are (literally) hell-bent on forcing me to be happy their way. You see, kiddies, they know what is best for absolutely everyone (Forgetting or perverting or discounting St. Thomas Aquinas: “Love takes up where knowledge leaves off.” Who, after all, needs a silly thing like love when you know your knowledge doesn't EVER "leave off"?) because they know they are smarter and better than those who are not like them and who dare to disagree with them.

"Enemies of the People", anyone?

And yes, they do indeed claim to love you and all the rest of mankind. Please read The Brothers Karamazov and you will understand how dangerous this sort of nonsense is.

Do you think you are confident and capable? You are arrogant and a fool.

Do you wish to rule? Whether in government, business, or family life, responsibility must not be given to the loud, the proud, or the strong. It must be earned. You must first be a servant of the people, your employees and coworkers, and especially your flesh and blood. The recognition that you are not REPEAT NOT the moral and intellectual superior of anyone you can coerce.would be a very good first step.

"Golly, Fyodor, humility isn't sexy."

But love is.

If you cannot or will not humble yourself for the sake of love, you do not love. You are nothing but a power-mad sadist and liar.

I am an imperfect nobody. I am an idiot and a weirdo.

The only thing I have going for me is the fact that I know I have a conscience that I must nurture and heed.

Try it yourself. You might not be popular, but you won't be a dick.

TheChurchMilitant: Sometimes anti-social, but always anti-fascist since 2005.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive