Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Friday, September 22, 2006

Fyodor's College Football Picks of the Week.

1) The guys who set the lines are professionals. Their job is to make each game look as attractive as possible to everyone. That way they even out the amount of money bet on each side.

Instant translation: The house wins no matter who wins. That's why people get into the gambling business.

2) I am just a fan. I won't even keep track of these picks week to week if it gets too embarrassing.

3) There is no such thing as "inside information". Especially in the pros.

4) If those idiot touts on tv and in the paper were any good, they wouldn't go public with their genius. They'd sit at Harrah's sports book from open to close and then go out and buy $2,000 an hour hookers who dress like high school girls.

5) Gambling is stupid. You cannot win.

That being said, here are my college picks for this week.


Saturday 9/23


Wisconsin (+13.5) at Michigan
Any letdown for the Wolverines? Not enough for the Badgers to cover. Take Michigan.
FINAL: Michigan 27 Wisconsin 13 - Fyodor wins!


North Carolina (+16.5) at Clemson
Tarheels are ok, Tigers are good. Pick Clemson to barely cover.
FINAL: Clemson 52 UNC 7 - Fyodor wins! (Barely!)

Iowa (-20.5) at Illinois
Illinois stinks out loud, but +20.5 at home? Yep. Pick Iowa.
FINAL: Iowa 24 Illinois 7 - Fyodor loses! (Drat.)


Louisville (-14) at Kansas State
Who knew Louisville had a good backup QB? Take the Cardinals to win. Big time.
FINAL: Louisville 24 Kansas State 6 - Fyodor wins!


Minnesota (-3) at Purdue
Minnesota was supposed to be good according to the pre-season "experts". I'll go with them one more time. I'll pick the road favorite Gophers to beat the Boilermakers by 10.
FINAL: Purdue 27 Minnesota 21 - Fyodor loses!


Cincinnati (+27) at Virginia Tech
For a lark, I'll take the Bearcats and the points.
FINAL: Virginia Tech 29 Cincinnati 13 - Fyodor wins!


Colorado (+27) at Georgia
Colorado is bad, but Georgia is overrated and that number looks huge. Pick Colorado and the points.
FINAL: Georgia 14 Colorado 13 - Fyodor wins! (Sweet.)


Tulsa (+4.5) at Navy
I'll take the Midshipmen to cover at home.
FINAL: Tulsa 24 Navy 23 - Fyodor loses!


Buffalo (+41) at Auburn
I would never bet on a number this big, but it looks good. Take the Tigers to cover.
FINAL: Auburn 38 Buffalo 7 - Fyodor loses!


Arizona State (+8) at California
Another road dog? Not for me. I'll pick the Bears to cover at home.
FINAL: California 49 Arizona State 21 - Fyodor wins!


Rice (+30) at Florida State
The Seminoles aren't so good this year, but I have a hard and fast rule: Never bet on a grain. Take FSU.
FINAL: FSU 55 Rice 7 - Fyodor wins!


Penn State (+16.5) at Ohio State
For sentimental reasons, I'll pick PSU to keep it under the number. But I am not confident.
FINAL: OSU 28 PSU 6 - Fyodor loses! (The Buckeyes have some holes. Morelli is not ready for prime time.)


Iowa State (+25) at Texas
Texas will cover easily.
FINAL: Texas 37 Iowa State 14 - Fyodor loses! (Longhorns came up small. Very small.)


Central Michigan (-4.5) at Eastern Michigan
CMU has looked very good this year. Pick 'em to cover.
FINAL: CMU 24 EMU 17 - Fyodor wins! (I still hate the college overtime rule.)


Alabama (+1.5) at Arkansas
My gut says Razorbacks but the rest of me says go with the Crimson Tide. I'll take Alabama on the road.
FINAL: Arkansas 24 Alabama 23 - Fyodor wins! (Barely!)


Marshall (-22) at Tennessee
The Thundering Herd is no Air Force. Despite my distrust of Tennessee's heart, I'll take the Vols tocover the big number.
FINAL: Tennessee 33 Marshall 7 - Fyodor wins!


Troy (+23.5) at Nebraska
Troy has played tough against the big boys this year. This is my Upset Special of the Week. Take Troy and the points.
FINAL: Nebraska 49 Troy 0 - Fyodor wins! (It made sense at the time...)


Middle Tennessee State (+28.5) at Oklahoma
I have no idea how good MTSU is. Why am I picking the Sooners? Because there is no money involved.
FINAL: Oklahoma 59 MTSU 0 - Fyodor wins!


UCLA (-3) at Washington
Washington stinks. Pick the Bruins.
FINAL: Washington 29 UCLA 19 - Fyodor loses! (Remind me to never pick the Bruins again.)


Army (+11) at Baylor
I was impressed by Army's performance last week against Texas A&M. I'll take Army and the points.
FINAL: Army 27 Baylor 20 - Fyodor wins! (DOUBLE DIGIT ROAD DOG, MY EYE!)


Kentucky (+26.5) at Florida
The Crummy Game of the Week. Take the Gators to cover the big spread.
FINAL: Florida 26 Kentucky 7 - Fyodor loses! (That's why they call it gambling.)


Boston College (-7) at North Carolina State
Boston College plays their first complete game of the year. Take the road favorite to cover here.
FINAL: NC State 17 BC 15 - Fyodor loses! (This is a very bad loss for the Eagles.)


USC (-22.5) at Arizona
Trojans cover easily.
FINAL: USC 20 Arizona 3 - Fyodor loses! (USC can't compete for the mythical title playing like this.)


Tulane (+36) at Louisiana State
Wow. 36? On a hunch I'll take Tulane.
FINAL: LSU 49 Tulane 7 - Fyodor loses! (Stupid hunch.)



Notre Dame (-3) at Michigan State
I'll give the Irish another chance. Take Notre Dame.
FINAL: Notre Dame 40 Michigan State 37 - PUSH! (Charlie needs to recruit some defensive players.)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive