Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Monday, August 07, 2006

Not just another exquisite face...

...smoking-hot body, and killer legs.

One of my all-time favorite Sports Illustrated swimsuit models (I still get chills when I hear that squeaky voice while watching my incredibly worn copy of Alien From L.A.) helps unwed teen moms.

AOL Entertainment News: Kathy Ireland Turns Role Model

Kathy Ireland has graced the cover of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue three times, runs her own $1 billion clothing-and-furniture line and is the happily married mother of three – yet she faced hurdles along the way.

"When I started my business, I was told I wasn’t smart enough," Ireland, 41, said speaking at Long Beach City College on July 29. "But you have to believe in yourself."

Amen to that.

Those are words to live by, especially for the 50 new mothers – unmarried and mostly in their teens – who were there as part of the L.A.-based Kathy Ireland Mentor Program for Single Teen Mothers.

This calls for a culling of back issues of The King Abdullah Gazette for a special Kathy Ireland tribute.

Since starting the program in 1990, Ireland has matched some 500 girls with female mentors, who meet with the girls at least four times a year and phone regularly to offer advice on everything from going back to school to ending an abusive relationship. (Each pair signs a contract to keep in touch for a year.)

Ireland – who this year awarded each girl a $500 scholarship for school costs – says her Christian faith fuels her desire to help: "I believe we are all God's children."

One young woman Ireland has guided is Christina Perez, 23, who met Ireland four years ago when Perez was a high school dropout and unmarried mom. Today Perez is a married mother of three, studying for her GED and working part-time.

"We all have value," she says. "Kathy taught me that."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive