Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Scriptural Snippets

To me, the theme of today's readings is the burden that is The Faith. It is truly a Cross to suffer the hatred of the world for The Truth. This enmity comes not only from those who sadly proclaim themselves to be unbelievers, but from those who call themselves Christian and Catholic as well.

You know the ones I mean. The ones who ridicule us for our defense of the Magisterium. The ones who hate tradition because they know it is a check on their defective wills. Those who magnify the sins of the believers while denying their own. The ones who see The Church as an instrument of power they can use to corrupt the flock precisely as they themselves have been corrupted.

Remember, gentle reader, from the moment of the Ascension earthly man has lived in the Age of Antichrist. Whether he walks among us now is not as important as what you are doing to prepare for your last days, even if creation does not happen to end when you do.


1 Peter 3:14-17:


14 But if also you suffer any thing for justice' sake, blessed are ye. And be not afraid of their fear: and be not troubled.

15 But sanctify the Lord Christ in your hearts, being ready always to satisfy every one that asketh you a reason of that hope which is in you.

16 But with modesty and fear, having a good conscience: that whereas they speak evil of you, they may be ashamed who falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

17 For it is better doing well (if such be the will of God) to suffer than doing ill.


and Matthew 10:34-39:


34 Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.

35 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's enemies shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life, shall lose it: and he that shall lose his life for me, shall find it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive