Featured Post

It seems Pope Francis needs to brush up on his Tertullian!

It has been reported (in The ChristLast Media, I must note) that the current Pope does not like the phrase "lead us not into temptation...

"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III

Friday, May 06, 2005

Holocaust Remembrance Day on Israeli TV

From Israelinsider, what most people would consider an ultra-rightwing site. I don't know my left from my right anymore, but if I was a Jew, I would own plenty of guns and be more than proficient in their use. I would also buy plenty of ammunition.


I watched the ceremony broadcast live from Auschwitz on Yom HaZikaron, Holocaust Remembrance Day. I listened to the stories, the voices, the prayers. I watched the audience, felt pride at seeing an Israeli soldier in uniform, Israeli flags and hundreds, even thousands dressed in blue and white.

They lit the large torches in memory of the children, the mothers, the righteous gentiles, the educators, and ultimately for the State of Israel. And then the unthinkable happened. The master of ceremonies thanked the audience, closed the ceremony, and asked that everyone stay in their places until the Prime Ministers had left. When I was in Poland two years ago, every ceremony ended with the singing of 'Hatikva,' the national anthem of Israel. We sang it at Auschwitz and Maidanek, Treblinka and Chelmo. We sang it at the Children's Forest, where 800 children were separated from their parents and murdered, and we sang it in Jedwabne, where 1,600 Poles rose up in 1941 and murdered their 1,500 Jewish neighbors without a German in sight. It all begins and ends with 'The Hope,' Hatikva. Ceremonies in Israel always end with 'Hatikva'.

As long as deep in the heart, The soul of a Jew yearns, And forward to the
East To Zion, an eye looks Our hope will not be lost, The hope of two thousand
years, To be a free nation in our land, The land of Zion and Jerusalem.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.

Labels

Blog Archive