From the Catholic Herald Online:
Pope Francis: It's 'terrible' children taught they can choose gender
Pope Francis has said that what he calls gender theory – “that everyone can choose their own sex” – is “the exact opposite” of God’s creation.
In a meeting with Polish bishops during World Youth Day, whose transcript was released yesterday by the Vatican, the Pope said there were powerful institutions which funded the spread of “gender theory” in schools.
The Pope also said he had discussed the subject with Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, who told his successor: “Your Holiness, we are living in an age of sin against God the Creator.”
Pope Francis said this sin was often given financial backing by “very influential countries”: a form of “ideological colonisation”, the Pope said, which is “terrible.”
The Pope said that one example – “I’ll say it clearly with its first and last name – is gender.”
Francis told the Polish bishops: “Today, children are taught this at school: that everyone can choose their own sex. And why do they teach this? Because the books come from those people and institutions who give money,” he said.
“God created man and woman; God created the world like this and we are doing the exact opposite.”
The Pope connected gender theory with the exploitation of human beings and of the natural world.
He suggested that both came from a lack of appreciation of humankind’s God-given dignity. “It is a global problem: the exploitation of creation and the exploitation of people. We are living at a time when humankind as the image of God is being annihilated,” the Pope said.
He said that this exploitation led to wars and poverty, and so in turn to the refugee crisis.
In his encyclical Laudato Si, the Pope similarly connected economic exploitation with “gender theory”. He criticised the desire to :cancel out sexual difference”, saying: “thinking that we enjoy absolute power over our own bodies turns, often subtly, into thinking that we enjoy absolute power over creation”.
The Pope’s comments on exploitation came after a question from Auxiliary Bishop Krzysztof Zadarko of Koszalin-Kolobrzeg, who asked how to help the many migrants coming to Europe, and to address “the fear of a possible invasion or aggression that has paralyzed society.”
Pope Francis said that each government’s response would have to depend “on the situation of every country and culture.” But he said everyone must “have an open heart ready to receive … This is absolute!”
At World Youth Day last week, the Pope urged Poland “to welcome those fleeing from wars and hunger”, remarks seen as challenging a country where there is strong public opposition to mass migration.
In the meeting, Pope Francis answered questions from four bishops, the first from Archbishop Marek Jedraszewski of Lodz who asked the pope what how the Church could respond to “atheist-liberal contemporary culture.”
Francis warned of a “subjective spirituality without Christ” and said that, to bring Christ to people, bishops and priests must be close to the people.
He gave the example of Pope St John Paul II, who as a priest in Poland would go on trips with the university students in his care, taking them to the mountains and playing sport. He would listen to them, he was with the young people,” Francis said.
SEX IS DEATH [Part 95: Sexual perversion - the sin that keeps on taking and taking and taking...ad nauseam...ad infinitum]
I came to Carthage, where I found myself in the midst of a hissing cauldron of lusts. I had not yet fallen in love, but I was in love ...
"Let no freedom be allowed to novelty, because it is not fitting that any addition should be made to antiquity. Let not the clear faith and belief of our forefathers be fouled by any muddy admixture." -- Pope Sixtus III
Wednesday, August 03, 2016
From the Catholic Herald Online:
Posted by TheChurchMilitant at 4:02 PM
- First of all, the word is SEX, not GENDER. If you are ever tempted to use the word GENDER, don't. The word is SEX! SEX! SEX! SEX! For example: "My sex is male." is correct. "My gender is male." means nothing. Look it up. What kind of sick neo-Puritan nonsense is this? Idiot left-fascists, get your blood-soaked paws off the English language. Hence I am choosing "male" under protest.
- "What difference at this point does it make?” (19)
- 24 (23)
- A little Latin lingo (16)
- Abortionists Do (1)
- AIDS (4)
- Animal Flesh Recipes (40)
- Are you a fake conservative? (13)
- ATTACK FROM THE RIGHT! (52)
- Battleground: Pennsylvania (21)
- Big Babykilling (125)
- Big Masturbation (45)
- Bolshevik The Clown (133)
- Book of the Day (119)
- Catholic Apologetics (6)
- Catholic crackup (55)
- Clump lies and freedom dies (38)
- Clump Rising (30)
- Clump über alles (20)
- Clump über alles. (34)
- Clumpy The Clown (21)
- Conservative Crackup (71)
- Dumbass Cinema (23)
- FUCK TRUMP IN THE RUMP (74)
- Germaine Greer In Drag (9)
- GET YOUR WOMBS OUT OF MY WALLET (51)
- GOVERNMENT IS HELL ON EARTH (11)
- GOVERNMENT IS MURDER (14)
- GOVERNMENT IS THEFT (107)
- Guilty Pleasures (35)
- Guns Don't Kill (1)
- Guns Don't Kill Abortionists Do (4)
- Heap Big Lying Squaw (1)
- Heat Nazis (61)
- In vitro no one can hear you scream (47)
- It Takes A Village To Staff A Gestapo Unit (109)
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Love (10)
- Lyin'-ass Bitch in the White House (134)
- Mayor McTerror (2)
- Mittens The Pompadoured Pussy (17)
- NeverClump (38)
- None Dare Call It Fascism (73)
- None dare call it treason (153)
- Obama-rama (159)
- Orgasm Über Alles (68)
- Penis bad Vagina good (48)
- PLUTO HELD HOSTAGE (99)
- Racist. (74)
- Real Mensches Of Genius (6)
- Reel Cinema (7)
- Religion of Peace and Love and Et Cetera (186)
- SEX IS DEATH (101)
- Shakespearean insults (15)
- She With The Unmentionable Straightened Hair (5)
- Sodomy: The New Black (45)
- Stop me if you've heard this one. (12)
- The face of things to come (4)
- The First Hair Straightener (21)
- The King Abdullah Gazette (303)
- The Long Hot Zombie Summer (35)
- The Theology of the Body (139)
- Totalitarian Pennsylvania (66)
- VOTE FOR ROMNEY NOT THE COMMIE (70)
- What Would Giffords Do? (22)
- Words don't kill People do (64)
- Zardoz (8)
- Major K. - He's home now, but his blog from Iraq remains.
- The Mudville Gazette
- Iraq The Model
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- 365 and a Wakeup - He's home now, but his blog from Iraq remains.
- Captain's Quarters
- Michael Yon - old blog here
- A Star From Mosul
- Peeve Farm-Breeding peeves for show, not just to keep as pets.
- BlameBush! Because Bush is to Blame for Everything.
- CRISIS Magazine
- Disaffiliates-Think Twice
- Where have you gone, Ronald Reagan?
- (Get your own "Wars Prevented by the UN" counter here.)
- WI Catholic Musings
- Network of College Conservatives
- The Musings of David Amulet
- Stop The ACLU
- Crossed The Tiber
- I link what I like. Show me what you've got.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ▼ 07/31 - 08/07 (4)
- ► 2015 (19)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2012 (665)
- ► 2011 (692)
- ► 2010 (42)
- ► 2007 (849)
- ► 2006 (3990)
- ► 2005 (2291)